do you like noisey rock?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
there have been long periods where i thought it was just a phase, but thank goodness to the shuffle, i swear to god today i think i could live with this sun city girls album for lifefirst time i heard this i was freaking out bigtime. they covered a traditional vietnamese folk song that i've heard my moms perform many a time. i fell in love immediately

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Can I get a teaser clip? Divshare or sumthin?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i'm on the case

• Define noisey rock.

U.S. Maple?

Define noisey rock.

U.S. Maple?

chicago for ever

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts

that is some impressive charting right there.

that is some impressive charting right there.

although i'm impressed that local heroes erase errata and the intelligence are on there, i'm weirded out the drive like jehu and atari teenage riot are up there cause that is frat rock if we are repping the local college experience. otherwise i agree except for flipper. they are important i can see why they are liked and i should be a cheerleader cause they are sf history but they aren't memorable to me and i think they are kind of boring

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I am mostly over it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    atari teenage riot?! uhh no.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    there have been long periods where i thought it was just a phase, but thank goodness to the shuffle, i swear to god today i think i could live with this sun city girls album for life

first time i heard this i was freaking out bigtime. they covered a traditional vietnamese folk song that i've heard my moms perform many a time. i fell in love immediately

Fantastic record, and Sir Richard Bishop of said group had a great performance here aabout 2 years back that made me check for them even more.

I was all about Boredoms, Naked City, Scissor Girls, Half Japanese and much similar music in the early 90s and still respect those sounds even tho I don't go back and listen to it much.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    flipper. they are important i can see why they are liked and i should be a cheerleader cause they are sf history but they aren't memorable to me and i think they are kind of boring

AK!! I don't think I'll ever tire of this!

They are terrible live though.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Caught Slint performing Spiderland in its entirety a month ago and it was a very nice Quiet Storm.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    greatly anticipating faux's post in here.