Buckwild Appreciation!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I don't know if Anthony Best (b.k.a. Buckwild) has ever been appreciated up in this piece. Well, I'm bout to do just that. I must big-up one of my favorite producers from the '90s, who gave us classics such as "Times Up," "Far from Yours," "Put it On," "Master I.C.," "Rock On (Remix)," "Stress," "Why," "The Lump-Lump," "Whoa," "C'mon with the Git Down," and on and on. Give the man some respect. Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    buckwild was ill for sure. i really dig the cut he did on everything is everything by brand nubian - the cut with only sadat x on it... he's got joints!

• hear hear! peace, stein. . .

• hell yeah..he never seems to get the credit he rightfully deserves.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    fuck yeah, dudes a killer on the beats from way back then, to the black rob shit, to his current shit... ALL KILLER...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i wonder why he never fully produced a lp after "word...life"?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yes.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    fuck yeah, dudes a killer on the beats from way back then, to the black rob shit, to his current shit... ALL KILLER...

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    burn me slow

• Yo, Too Much Too drink on a Monday Blame it On the Duvel in the Duivel.

I got a question. I recall that Buckwild's first production credit was on You Can't Front (Shit Is Real). I always thought that Buckwild produced it or at least brought the sample to this song.

If anyone got it on mp3 It would be greatly appreciated!

• Alkaholiks - Daaam! and Channel Live - Mad Izm remixes

• Buckwild has so many joints that I love...

He had some crazy shit on that Jemini EP...his I Like It remix...that Diamond D shit with Sadat X and Lord Finesse...Ho Happy Jackie...Fast Life...the Fatal Fountain shit he did...Get It Together remix...Like Father Like Son...

All

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Colour me disconnected but I was just reading through Buckwild's Discogs page to see what else he produced apart from the OK, OC, Big L etc and it appears that he did the production on I Got A Story To Tell as well which I never knew.

• BobBob 19 Posts
    There's a double compilation cd of remixes, rare and unreleased stuff that was put out a few months ago. I don't know if it's been mentioned here before but it's definitely worth checking out.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm a huge Buckwild fan. He's a top ten producer for me. The thing that's ill about him is that you never hear a beat by him and think "that's a Buckwild beat". You just hear a dope beat and find out later that it's Buckwild when you check the production credits. He doesn't put his stamp on things, he just does what it takes to showcase the particular sample he's using and then plays the background.

• Diamond - You Can't Front.

• Diamond - You Can't Front.

Thanks man!!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    some of my favs:
    Akinyele - Sister Sister

Organized Konfusion - Bring It On Remix

Terror Tongue - Lyrical Threat

Little Indian ft. The Foreigner - One Little Indian Remix

Chubb Rock - What A Year

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    definietly one of the dopest
    bring it on remix is

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    some of my favs:
    Akinyele - Sister Sister

Organized Konfusion - Bring It On Remix

Terror Tongue - Lyrical Threat

Little Indian ft. The Foreigner - One Little Indian Remix

Chubb Rock - What A Year

Yo Searc4beatz,

The first four players only play the Akiynele joint, but the 5th player does play the Chubb Rock song. Could you please upload the other 3 songs? Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo Searc4beatz,

The first four players only play the Akiynele joint, but the 5th player does play the Chubb Rock song. Could you please upload the other 3 songs? Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    ooooh snap!

here you go

terror tongue

organized konfusion

little indian

hope shit works now

• Don't forget BIG - I Got A Story To Tell. One of the best beats ever.

I wish Nas would work with him.

• I NEVER heard that Chubb Rock joint before!

when did(n't) that come out? was that some promo only ish?

• i also wanna thank Buckwild for the "Stress" and "Times Up" tracks but also the Big L track "Danger Zone", that beat sends chills through me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Didnt overexpose his shit.

Is there a full production list out there? I swear Wiki's version is suspect.

Didnt overexpose his shit.

Is there a full production list out there? I swear Wiki's version is suspect.
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Buckwild

not complete but better then wiki

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good lookin out...^^^^

MY LIFESTYLE by Fat Joe is STR8-LAVA

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    im his top fwend fwor wife....

http://www.myspace.com/buckwildproducer

• I wish Nas would work with him.

they did a track in 04' called "these are our heroes". it's realy not what you would expect from them joining together , it's realy boring.

• Buck works with live musicians for most of his tracks now... oh, he's still reppin' that real schitt, but i guess you gotta change with the times if you wanna keep getting work. Heard some schitt they were doing in the studio not too long ago over the phone... don't know who that particular track is gonna be for but that schitt was

didnt he produce a remix for "lifes a bitch" ?