is your mother SUPERSTITIOUS?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
does your mom literally go crazy if you try to open an umbrella in the house or simular things? stein. . .

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    My mother (RIP) was only average superstitious. Not neurotic. She believed it was bad luck to buy the last item on the shelf, and she would never pick up the phone on the first ring.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Raised by Granny and yes she was like that! "Boy! Close that umbrella in this house youknowbetterthanthat....!!"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    she doesn't go crazy. but i think it is a given fact that old people are superstitious.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    aint really superstitious and definitely aint my mom, but this girl was just in my cafe using a computer and she was talking to me about how this guy she met was not compatible with her "sexually physically" but only "sexually mentally" according to some astrology shit. she seemed really sad and everything and i was like whoa.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    does your mom literally go crazy if you try to open an umbrella in the house or simular things? stein. . .

My mom is a progressive from the days when progressives thought science was the asnwer to everything; social science, home economics and all came out of that. She is ardently not superstitious.

Her big thing though is trying to control her confort through others; "Put a sweater on, I'm cold" and "Don't climb up there, I'm afraid of heights".

Dan

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    aint really superstitious and definitely aint my mom, but this girl was just in my cafe using a computer and she was talking to me about how this guy she met was not compatible with her "sexually physically" but only "sexually mentally" according to some astrology shit. she seemed really sad and everything and i was like whoa.

Fruitcake. Those are your typical churchgoing types right there.