Help my Dad ID a Song (Motown related?)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
So my Dad's got this song in his head that he heard when he was younger, described it to me as sounding Motown-esque, but could be any kind of 60s soul number really. It's got a call and response intro that he described to me like this:
So it's a Sam & Dave or Motown type r&b soul record, likely a single, with a male lead singer and a female backup chorus...the lead sings something like"My baby done left me": and the chorus replies"Oh, that's bad ...: the lead rebuffs them:"No, that's good, she treated me so bad..." then chorus"Oh, that's good!" and the lead again"No, that's bad 'cause now I'm all alone...""Oh, that's bad...""No,that's good 'cause I just met a new girl ..."Oh, that's good...:"No, that's bad cause she took off with my best friend...The basic kitsch of the track is the chorus goes back and forth between "oh, that's good" and "oh, that's bad".
Anyone know the song? If you have any ideas it's been driving the two of us crazy trying to figure it out, any help is much appreciated.

Comments