Lynn Whitfield Appreciation

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I was sittin' with T**i yesterday evening, and Lynn Whitfield was starring in some Halle Berry movie wherein Halle's character married this White dude. While some cats seriously sweat Halle, I only stopped to watch AFTER seeing the grown & sexy Ms. Whitfield on-screen (Halle who?). I've always had a SERIOUS JONES for this insanely sexy, sophisticated woman. Feel me?? Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Halle is better lookin but Lynn' blows he the hell away on the thespian level.

Eve' Bayou opposite Sam Jackson = lava.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    feeling you stacks... I also have a thing for mature women who can actually talk about something real... who have goals... are secure within themselves... my wife is a woman like that but she is almost six years younger than me...

my wife is Net famous...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yo Batmon,

Also, Lynn blows Halle away in the "VA-VOOM" (sexy vamp) factor. Lynn oozes sexy appeal while Halle is just pretty. There is a difference when thinking about which one you'd like to f**k.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo Batmon,

Also, Lynn blows Halle away in the "VA-VOOM" (sexy vamp) factor. Lynn oozes sexy appeal while Halle is just pretty. There is difference when thinking about which one you'd like to f**k.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ill agree w/ the more Sex Appeal, but Halle in the Brigette Bardot white bathing suit....bananas!!!

Lynn Whitfield was killin it in the leather Boots and biege riding pants - Thin Line Between Love and Hate.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Looks aside and speaking strictly screen work, Berry is flat and boring to me as an actor. I am still pissed Angela Bassett (another hot full grown) lost the Storm role to Berry for X-Men.

I agree, I can't stop watching Whitfield as soon as she's on.

Looks aside and speaking strictly screen work, Berry is flat and boring to me as an actor. I am still pissed Angela Bassett (another hot full grown) lost the Storm role to Berry for X-Men.

I agree, I can't stop watching Whitfield as soon as she's on.

Weve gone herr before. A 40+year old as Storm next to a group of 20 somethings is suspect.
    As good as an actress Basset is, casting her next to Famke is a silly ideaIMO. Just like Sam Jacksons old ass as John Shaft. Dude is the same age as Roundtree. Berry was a bad call but at least she looks of the generation of the rest of the team.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yea, not buying it to be honest. I didn't see the previous discussion about it, but Halle Berry does not look like a 20-something to me at all (nor does Famke) and Bassett does not look like 40+ to me either! I actually think they look like they could be in the same age range, add make-up and FX in the mix, especially for something like X-Men, even more so.

(This is when the jpgs of Berry practically in diapers and Bassett with no make-up and a cane start pouring in!)

Yea, not buying it to be honest. I didn't see the previous discussion about it, but Halle Berry does not look like a 20-something to me at all (nor does Famke) and Bassett does not look like 40+ to me either! I actually think they look like they could be in the same age range, add make-up and FX in the mix, especially for something like X-Men, even more so.

(This is when the jpgs of Berry practically in diapers and Bassett with no make-up and a cane start pouring in!)

That's cool. Berry 1966 Bassett - 1958

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Double true. Plus she played a great crazy b*tch in Thin Line Between Love and Hate with Martin. And the nudity didn't hurt neither

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Damn, stacks! Couldn't agree with you more..........Lynn would and COULD get it all day everyday. So can that jump off in the new rush hour 3 flick.......

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Berry is flat and boring to me as an actor. I agree, I can't stop watching Whitfield as soon as she's on.

I feel this way about Ms. Berry in general. I've never understood the hype, sorry!!! Halle doesn't do anything for me, now Ms. Whitfield, on the other hand...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Berry is flat and boring to me as an actor. I agree, I can't stop watching Whitfield as soon as she's on.

I feel this way about Ms. Berry in general. I've never understood the hype, sorry!!! Halle doesn't do anything for me, now Ms. Whitfield, on the other hand...

Are u talmbout Looks/Sex appeal or Acting skills?

Halle's acting skills shouldnt even be mentioned in this discussion, but her looks are another story. Were u hattin on her before Boomerang? Before Jungle Fever?
    Maybe ur sick of that typical "Mixed chic" thingy, but beauty is beauty, to me.
    Are u just trying to champion the underated "sista" w/ rael skills?
    If Halle isnt your cup of tea, Fine, but to make her out to be "Not That Hot" is suspect IMO.

Halle's acting skills shouldnt even be mentioned in this discussion, but her looks are another story. Were u hattin on her before Boomerang? Before Jungle Fever?
    If Halle isnt your cup of tea, Fine, but to make her out to be "Not That Hot" is suspect IMO.

Nah Batmon, real talk Halle has never moved me. I find her boring and lacking in sex appeal (she's very pretty, though), beyond being an overrated actress. Even in "Boomerang" in Halle's younger days, Robin Givens just plain shit on her in sexiness. There are many women I find waaaaaay more attractive than her. Here are some examples, across racial-ethnic lines (think sex appeal here):

-Sanaa Lathan.
    -Monica Belluci.
    -Salma Hayek.
    -Kate Beckinsale.
    -Kellita Smith.
    -Catherine Zeta-Jones.
    -Lucy Liu.
    -Jessica Biel.
    -Beverly Johnson.

As a single, I would've walked right past Halle to get to Lynn Whitfield and the women listed.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Well, color me suspect, because I'm with Stacks on this one--I've never really understood what the big deal was about Halle.

Even in "Boomerang" in Halle's younger days, Robin Givens just plain shit on her in sexiness.

Ill have to disagee w/ ya bro. Robin Givens' diva sexpot was too over the top for me compared to the humble Halle at home ,painting w/ a Men's dress shit subtle steez. She didnt even glam up until the end of the flick when she got the corp gig. Robin's standard perm aint got shit on Halle's short haircut..IMO.

But dont get me wrong...Halle is overhyped, in terms of overall hotness.

There are many women I find waaaaaay more attractive than her. Here are some examples, across racial-ethnic lines (think sex appeal here):

-Sanaa Lathan.
    -Monica Belluci.
    -Salma Hayek.
    -Kate Beckinsale.
    -Kellita Smith.
    -Catherine Zeta-Jones.
    -Lucy Liu.
    -Jessica Biel.
    -Beverly Johnson.

I feel ya. But to isolate Visuals from Sex Appeal is

U can be sexy and visually underpar.IMO.