Original Black Sheep Interview...

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Special interview with Chip Allen and Billy Sparrow from West Medford's own Original Black Sheep! They talk about the history of the 'Black Sheep of the Family', the 'In The Forest' record, other Original Black Sheep recordings, and what they have been doing lately. Plenty of tracks never heard before, so don't miss out!As always, the show is available as an enhanced podcast (with trackbreaks & pictures), or a plain mp3.Visit the website to download: www.galacticfractures.com

Comments

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Couple more pics for the Monday morning work crew...

This is really an amazing story...especially when you also listen to my interview with Forest Terry (also a member of the Original Black Sheep of the Family).

-pj

• Just got a few more unreleased tracks from them.....

This one is safe to post up. I played it on the radio show, but I only had the muffled unmixed version. This is the better sounding version. It is called "Here and There", written by the keyboardist in Black Sheep of the Family, Chip Allen. He was an original member, so he is also on the Original Black Sheep 45 'In The Forest'. In fact, this song was supposed to be the original flip side to 'In The Forest', but it ended up never being released. Chip claims there are a couple testpresses with this on vinyl, but this remains to be seen.

Either way, this is a wicked ballad. I think it'd go well with that Majestics 'Key to Love' track, or (of course) the Forest Terry ballad.

Check the audio:

Black Sheep of the Family - Here and There

-pj

• Just curious if anyone is listening to this track 'Here & There'....I'd love to hear comments on it. I absolutely love it, but I feel like i am biased.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    It's one of my favourite songs. b, 21Mad. b, 21I had to look it up again, and this thread popped up.