Time for FIVES!

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Alright foolios & foolias, I don't even know if this is still a regular thing on here but here goes...Kush![/b]1.Swagger coming back[/b] - And it's about motherfuckin time! Lately feeling more like me old self again & it ain't too shabby. Got a new job as a translator right in my neighborhood. Got my own office and I'm home kickin back with a beer and a packed bowl by 3pm. Stress levels are lower than they've been in years & I'm beginning to feel happy and creative again. Hopefully this is the end of a dark chapter in this mortal coil. Now to continue shaolin or aikido training. Get focused and strong as iron once again. 2.Howard Stern[/b] - Still funnier and more consistent than ever on satellite radio. Nothin better than starting your day cracking up at stupid shit...3.my Lady[/b] - This chick is my heart. Makes the day to day struggle all worthwhile to have someone who's down for you. It doesn't suck...4.Drawing[/b] - Dusted off the sketch pad and began drawing almost daily. Looking to pursue tattooing once I get the skills in check. I'll let you guys know when, so you can come get your free, shitty amateur tats.5.This here place[/b] - In my periods of absence, I tend to forget how engaging this place can be. Never a dull moment (well, sometimes). Anywayzzz, good to be back. Working on my first mix since "the Make Out Party" joint from 2003. Damn, it's been a long time...Seeds & Stems[/b]1.the HEAT[/b] - I'm not talkin bout dope rekkids, man. I'm talkin bout the apocalyptic heat here in CA. Shit is hot as fuck and humid on top of that. Not feelin it. 2.Van Halen reunion[/b] - As much as I'm excited about seeing Diamond Dave fronting VH, there are so many ways that this could go wrong that I don't wanna get too amped about this. No Michael Anthony means no trademark backing vocals. Diamond Dave's voice may not have aged very gracefully either. Not to mention the long-standing feud with Eddie (who's probably among the biggest assholes on the planet), who knows how long this tour will go. Despite all that, I hope they at least make it to LA and they're halfway decent. This shit was the soundtrack to misspent youth.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    1. just finished a dilla mix ive been wanting to do, of ALL INSTRUMENTALS (102 to be exact). 75 minutes, and it flows like a dream. i will be upping as soon as i can get it conerted and u/l'ed.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Good to see you back and doing well Adrian.

Highlife:

1. About 4 times a year, I get a paycheck with 3 weeks pay instead of two. I was really in need of money recently, and got that fat paycheck. Now things are looking up

2. Listening to African music in general. Makes me so damn happy. Highlife, Juju, Mandigue, M'ballax, etc. doesn't matter, just throw it on and roll down the windows.

3. My lady and I took a whirlwind roadtrip up to Monteray. Drove up PCH for roughly 9 hours taking breaks along the way to smoke up and jump in the ocean.

4. Local record stores that only sell uncatagorized 45's. Nothing like spending the entire day shuffling through box after box waiting for come ups, and hitting some heat along the way, making it all worthwhile.

5. Getting stoned and watching random youtube videos. Searching crazy keywords like "thankful kite monster."

Lowlife:

There's need for a bottom five, everything is great right now.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    1) My wife.

2) Only one more coat of paint to go on my mantal. It was three days of hell to remove the old paint but it already looks a million times better. Also the new dinning room lamp is nearly complete. I just have to put it back together.

3) I terminated one of my employees who had made my job really difficult and even though I have extra work until we find someone else I feel a lot better about my job and my department. Damn was I stressed out having to do it though.

4) Richmond record party at my house on Sunday.

5) The food for the party is going to kick ass.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    1* 3 weeks off

2* Christphe

3* Clownsdiepoepeten.nl

4* Tahine's @ la balconia this saterday
    (there's nothin like a summer without a big piece of meat inside ya)

5* time left to lurk the soulstrut

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

3. taking breaks along the way to smoke up and jump in the ocean.

talking braeks??

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

X a gazillion

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

X a gazillion

Dewd [||] got the bozak. I was trying to be creative.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

X a gazillion

yea that's pretty much phenomenal