Patrice Rushen / Yoshis apprication

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I went to see Lee Ritenour w/ Patrice Rushen @ Yoshis sunday w/ my lady. She was was absolute !!!! I just wish they would have done more of her songs instead of Mr Ritenours corniness. Yoshis is such a cool spot I just wish they booked more acts I was interested in. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.Please to name your favorite show you attended @ Yoshis or yer soft.

Comments

• i've seen (and actually met) Patrice before. she definitely rips it, on top of habitually dropping mad knowledge (and being real cute to boot)

Only been to Yoshi's once and saw Eddie Palmieri, which was pure fire.

• I wish I woulda, coulda, shoulda saw Christian McBride cuz Patrice Rushen was there too a few months back.

As far as my Yoshi's adventures, I saw Willie Jones III and the other time I saw Charlie Hunter Trio.

FYI- Eddie Palmieri is going to be at Yoshi's again on Oct 30 - Nov 4...imma try to hit it up

Larry Harlow- Sept 20-23 as well....

• Love Yoshi's sound system , but that place feels so sterile...and why do they keep bookin' fusak-lite like Lee Ritenour .... That being said they had some great shows over the years especially at the old location on college .... a couple of shows come to mind, a Billy Higgins birthday bash a little while before he died and a Reuben Wilson show on a Monday night, soon after the new joint opened up with maybe 15 people in the crowd ...