SHOW OF THE YEAR!!

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Well, so far. But it'll be hard to beat.Horace Andy was a no-show last night, but Sly and Robbie with Mikey Chung, Nambo Robinson and ANSEL COLLINS put on one of the best and hottest and tighest shows I have seen. They stayed true to the songs - no bad jams. It was soulful and downright sci-fi at times with Sly and Robbie going off. The drums were a little too tight/treble-y for me, but I am hardly complaining. The man is like a machine. Even before I knew it was Collins, I was wondering who the hell the incredible keyboardist was. It may be played to death, but Armagideon Time was amazing live...I wish someone had pushed Willie Williams, who was standing in the audience, to the stage to sing though. Still, Robinson did a great job doing both vocals and horns. I guess because of Andy's absence, things had to be stretched out a bit, so they did the disco version to every song and it was FIRE. Things took a decidely anti-climactic and WTF? turn when a pretty weak rapper took the stage, but then Cherine Anderson (One Love, Dancehall Queen) came on and musically not as good, but a great stage show. She pulled a man from the audience and they did their thing in a very tasteful and most entertaining way. She did a couple of duets with Robinson, and that was a very nice end to the night.So so satisfying.