Columbia GP-3 WANTED

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited August 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
The Vestax is a piece of shit. My numark was okay but was destroyed on a plane. I love my soundburger but hate using it when I'm going through records quickly.So then. I want a Columbia GP-3. I got cash waiting and or plenty o' raer records for trade.Or if you know a place where I can score one, hit me up.thx.

Comments

• can i get a needle replacement for these things?

• save yourself a little money and get a fisher price. they are much louder than the gp3s.

i recommend model 3814. i have one and it's the best portable i've ever used. very durible, even survived an 8 foot fall from the top of my record shelf when my cat knocked it over.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    save yourself a little money and get a fisher price. they are much louder than the gp3s.

i recommend model 3814. i have one and it's the best portable i've ever used. very durible, even survived an 8 foot fall from the top of my record shelf when my cat knocked it over.

i've been tempted to get one of these, but none of them seem to have headphone jacks which i think is pretty important, especially at crowded record shows.

• save yourself a little money and get a fisher price. they are much louder than the gp3s.

i've been tempted to get one of these, but none of them seem to have headphone jacks which i think is pretty important, especially at crowded record shows.

unless you are shy or want to keep your digs secret there is really no point in having a headphone jack, for me at least. those things play LOUD.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    save yourself a little money and get a fisher price. they are much louder than the gp3s.

unless you are shy or want to keep your digs secret there is really no point in having a headphone jack, for me at least. those things play LOUD.

Cosign on the Fisher Price. Battery lasts a long time and since it's a child's toy it keeps things looking low-key when you are digging at flea markets (ie- you don't look like a dealer, or any kind of professional for that matter).

If you really want headphones you can solder a jack in place of the speaker. I say "you" rather than "I" because I have no idea how to do this, but I've seen it done and it works.

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    Adding a headphone jack is very easy. You just have to open up the casing, disconnect the two wires from the speaker and solder them to a headphone jack. You'll need to drill a hole in the case too so you can glue the headphone jack into place.

• are they not still selling these in Japan for like $50?

maybe I'm mixing it up with another model, but the last Japanese dealer that came thru my store said something to this effect.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    According to Sheep they still are but then question remains, How do I get one here?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    According to Sheep they still are but then question remains, How do I get one here?

Yeah this is ridiculous, when they pop up on eBay they go for $$$, someone could make a killing selling them there. I want.

• b-

i will attempt to open a wholesale channel from my contact...

just remind me when i get back from CA at the end of next week.

anyone else who needs one should drop me a pm too, though I am making no promises.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Yo point master, my boy has a GP3 DJ HONDA limited edition barely used with box etc... I'll find out how much but I know he may want somthing in the triple digits, my wife has a hello kitty gp3 but I don't think she will want to part with it. I will have to check... Word well I got's to go I await my massage from a guy with cool hands and warm lotion!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

i will attempt to open a wholesale channel from my contact...

completely gangsta.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Hey peoples...

I got a Columbia off ebay for about 120 bucks. The writing is all Japanese and got from MTV studio of all places! You can definetly find one ebay but just be patient.

In terms of finding one from a store...can't really tell you. I know DustyGroove used to sell them as well as replacement stylii but I haven't seen it on their site for some time. It would be worth calling though and seeing if they have something in the store, if not, a connection to someone that can help you out.

I have also had a couple Fisher Prices and come across them fairly often to the point where I think nothing of them. If I happen to see a one I'll definetly pick one up and let you know. Can usually find one for 15 bucks.

• I heard 3-4 years ago these were still in production. Dunno if thats the case now

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yo coolhands what's poppin with this connection of yours?