the "Throw Your Hands in the Air" sample

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
+=andThat said, I'm looking for the Cold Crush Brothers' song "Live from Connecticut" (i think it's from a 1982 show.) Kanye used the "throw your hands in the air" sample for "Used to Love U" and "Throw Your Hands (In the Air), and maybe some others that I can't think of right now.Yes this is another lame "requests" post, but I swear this one's for a good cause...

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's the cause?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What's the cause?

My friend needs it for a song that he's trying to finish. He's unsigned as of now, but he's been making some noise on the radio. if you like analyzing up and coming rappers than I'll post some of his stuff.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's the cause?

My friend needs it for a song that he's trying to finish. He's unsigned as of now, but he's been making some noise on the radio. if you like analyzing up and coming rappers than I'll post some of his stuff.

Tell him not to BITE and find his own samples. There's a gang of them to choose from.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    a funny story about that beat kanye did is he was given the sample to make a track out of at one of those beat society/beat battle things....

• cdrs88cdrs88 48 Posts

=

Massively Over Rated, Ego Tripping

• cdrs88cdrs88 48 Posts
    What's the cause?

There are plenty more he could sample from...

Throw Your Hands In The Air-Cypress Hill
    "Just Throw Your Hands In The Air" Grandmaster Melle Mel & The Furious Five-Beat Street Breakdown
    Black Moon-Throw Your Hands In The Air
    Outkast-Throw Your Hands In The Air
    Raw Fusion-Throw Ya Hands In The Air
    "Now Just Throw Your Hands Up in The Air" Sugarhill Gang-Rappers Delight

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

=

I'm really not down with the sustained Kanye hatt thing on here, but I was at a secret gig of his in London last night, and his live show absolutely fucking blows. Even after years and years of being shortchanged by visiting US rap acts, as we Brits continue to be, there was something depressing in the way Kanye aimed for and very nearly reached hitherto uncharted levels of suck. I really wanted to like him as well, but that pretty much finished me as far as rap shows are concerned. I like Kanye's records, but after this, I wouldn't cross the street to see him live.

• =

I'm really not down with the sustained Kanye hatt thing on here, but I was at a secret gig of his in London last night, and his live show absolutely fucking blows. Even after years and years of being shortchanged by visiting US rap acts, as we Brits continue to be, there was something depressing in the way Kanye aimed for and very nearly reached hitherto uncharted levels of suck. I really wanted to like him as well, but that pretty much finished me as far as rap shows are concerned. I like Kanye's records, but after this, I wouldn't cross the street to see him live.

Odd, saw him in Edinburgh last week and his show was , maybe you caught it on a bad night ???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

=

Odd, saw him in Edinburgh last week and his show was , maybe you caught it on a bad night ???

There's every possibility I did, but overall I've been to enough sub-par rap shows, particularly in the last ten years, to conclude that this is just another instance of an artist being unwilling to bother with trivialities like stagecraft, a properly-paced set and all kinds of other things which fall under the heading of "professionalism". I think I'll stick to the records in future.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

=

There's every possibility I did, but overall I've been to enough sub-par rap shows, particularly in the last ten years, to conclude that this is just another instance of an artist being unwilling to bother with trivialities like stagecraft, a properly-paced set and all kinds of other things which fall under the heading of "professionalism". I think I'll stick to the records in future.

Yea I think it may have just been an off night? I even like his show - and if it ain't Steely Dan, Hall and Oates or Brother McDonald, I hate concerts. May be pretentious - but when he laid down on stage and started playing random tracks (Mass Appeal, Who Got the Props, etc) I was stoked for kids who, sadly enough, are probably hearing those songs for the first time.

and agreed - I'm sick of the Kanye hatt too.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    mark me down as another who's attended a dope kanye show