After-lunch Extreme Food Coma

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Those with office jobs, how do yall cope with this?I could rest my head on my damn desk right now and knock the fuck out.....

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lots of water and if I can't shake it off, a walk outside and/or a green tea.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

get yourself a box of PG Tips. when i'm dragging in the afternoon a cup of hot tea usually does the trick.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I refrain from caffeine these days. And I'm sure a solid 8hrs of sleep, instead of 6, would help.

Basically, I just need some clown to get my adrenaline flowing. GIMME CLOWN!!!

• This is me today. Very little sleep to be had this weekend. Been exhausted all day but piled on the TexMex at lunch so I'm near comatose at this point. They hooked me up w/ a second monitor so I can kinda hide behind that. C'mon 5 o' the clock......

Any of you Los Angeles peeps go to Sunset Junction this weekend? Blond Redhead and a bunch of other acts were performing and I was about to punch somebody cuz it was so damn overcrowded.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Those with office jobs, how do yall cope with this?

I could rest my head on my damn desk right now and knock the fuck out.....

Hey Yuichi,

There are two ways I fight the sleep demons: One, I love my job, and two:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Any of you Los Angeles peeps go to Sunset Junction this weekend? Blond Redhead and a bunch of other acts were performing and I was about to punch somebody cuz it was so damn overcrowded.

I was thinking about it since the Emotions, Breakestra and Bobby Matos were there, but I imagined the heat and crowd would make me miserable. I saw Matos on Saturday evening in Pasadena anyway. I thought about going to go to the African Festival instead, but I'll catch that this coming weekend along with Remo Drum Day in downtown.

• have u ever thought about taking a nap? usually i would go to the "bathroom" to "take a shit" and then proceed to my car to sack out. my last job had a storage space that no one ever went to so that became my defacto flophouse.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    much as I hate to say it, a cigarette generally wakes me up post-lunch.

have u ever thought about taking a nap? usually i would go to the "bathroom" to "take a shit"

My friend used to do this. That shit is

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    eat something for breakfast in the morning. dont eat a huge ass sandwich or burrito for lunch, eat a smaller lunch and snack til dinner. stay hydrated. get up and walk around.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Diet Coke, Water, Orbit Spearmint gum, and a 4 O'Clock cup of coffee

eat something for breakfast in the morning. dont eat a huge ass sandwich or burrito for lunch, eat a smaller lunch and snack til dinner. stay hydrated. get up and walk around.

That is good advice.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Have a coke

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I almost failed Algebra II my senior year in high school because of it. Every day I would eat 2 complete chicken fried steak plates, along with 2 chocolate milks, plus a half a ham sandwich that my friend would always have left over. Then I'd go back to class and fall the fuck asleep as my teacher was lecturing. At first when my grades came in as pathetic, I didn't even realize the problem. Then it dawned on me that it's kinda hard to learn when you're absolutely unavailable to pay attention.

• I almost failed Algebra II my senior year in high school because of it. Every day I would eat 2 complete chicken fried steak plates, along with 2 chocolate milks, plus a half a ham sandwich that my friend would always have left over. Then I'd go back to class and fall the fuck asleep as my teacher was lecturing. At first when my grades came in as pathetic, I didn't even realize the problem. Then it dawned on me that it's kinda hard to learn when you're absolutely unavailable to pay attention.

I'm dreading the prospect of having 6th and 7th hour classes this year -- like pulling teeth. I hope my prep hours fall during that post-lunch time.

I almost failed Algebra II my senior year in high school because of it. Every day I would eat 2 complete chicken fried steak plates, along with 2 chocolate milks, plus a half a ham sandwich that my friend would always have left over. Then I'd go back to class and fall the fuck asleep as my teacher was lecturing. At first when my grades came in as pathetic, I didn't even realize the problem. Then it dawned on me that it's kinda hard to learn when you're absolutely unavailable to pay attention.

I slept through my senior year of high school.