Talib Kweli's New Album

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Some heavyweight production on this album. I like what I'm hearing. Eardrum Common is more popular than ever, and I don't think there is a more appropriate time for this release than now. I'm sure he'll gain some mainstream listeners. What yall say?

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That Just Blaze track is fire. Kinda reminiscent of "Get By", but nonetheless, I think it's solid.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    no.

Talib is not connected to kanye. That was the only thing that saved Common.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Some heavyweight production on this album. I like what I'm hearing.
    Eardrum

Common is more popular than ever, and I don't think there is a more appropriate time for this release than now. I'm sure he'll gain some mainstream listeners. What yall say?

Talib's career is and has been over. No Kanye. No Coca-Cola. No Starbucks.

Plus, unlike Common, he can't even rap.

• Plus, unlike Common, he can't even rap.

Let me repeat: If you lived in the midwest you'd be able to hear his Big Ten raps on ESPN.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Eardrum

Common is more popular than ever, and I don't think there is a more appropriate time for this release than now. I'm sure he'll gain some mainstream listeners. What yall say?

Not true, Faux!!! Talib can rap, he just lacks charisma and is uninteresting. He shares the same problem as Jeru, Mic Geronimo, O.C., and other talented, yet boring, MCs.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Give him an umbrella, a suitcoat, a tophat and he'd look like

Eardrum

Not true, Faux!!! Talib can rap, he just lacks charisma and is uninteresting. He shares the same problem as Jeru, Mic Geronimo, O.C., and other talented, yet boring, MCs.

Disagree. The fact that he is "interesting"--i.e., his content panders to a certain audience--is the only thing that has allowed him to have something resembling a career. He lacks a basic level of technical proficiency. He actually seems to have deteriorated over the past decade. Dude needs to spend some quality time with a metronome or something.

Well, he does have Kanye, UGK, and Justin Timberlake featured on those tracks. But that cover sucks. He looks like Big Boi with a Dilated Peoples cover design.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I actually like the track w/ norah jones produced by madlib. Gosh, I feel so ashamed.

his flow is incredibly annoying, words cannot describe.

Well, he does have Kanye, UGK, and Justin Timberlake featured on those tracks. But that cover sucks. He looks like Big Boi with a Dilated Peoples cover design.

Dude, who cares who's on his album. He can't rap.

I think he has a unique rhyme style. And he kills it in cameos.

If by "unique" you mean that he is strikingly incompetent then, sure, I agree,

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Kanye is more than just on Common's album (executive production and signing Common to his label were the factors for getting Starbucks etc.)... These days appearances don't mean shit ince everyone is appearing on eeryone else's album.

And really if the cover is factoring into your decision to buy this record then I think that says ALOT about the actual content on the record.

I don't know what Warner was thinking...

If by "unique" you mean that he is strikingly incompetent then, sure, I agree,

He kills it sometimes.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Dude needs to spend some quality time with a metronome

I need a graemlin with that sentence. It will avoid me to post useless comment on many current releases.

Dude needs to spend some quality time with a metronome or something.

Juelz Santana stays on beat very well, but I find him very boring.

KWELI IS ALL ABOUT POLYRHYTHMS. GET FAMILIAR.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    best album i've heard all year, very suprised