Windows will not let me install any new FONTS.wtf?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Totally not record/music related..but maybe someone here knows what the hell is going on. I cannot install ANY new fonts on Windows. I have tried several different methods..manually dragging the new font file into the font folder,copy and pasting into the font folder,going in the font folder and clicking "install new font",etc. When I copy and try to paste, the "paste" option is not highlighted(as if nothing is copied). When I try to click and drag, nothing happens. What the hell is going on? I am about to get pissed. Tried a little googling, but havent really found anything that seems to be of any help. Anyone have any idea why this is?oh..I have already tried deleting fonts to see if maybe I had too many already installed..but that didnt seem to help either.

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    The only thing I can think of is that you don't have admin status on your machine, or that the font files are corrupted. Both options are pretty tenuous I admit. They're not commercial fonts that need something else is there?

• No, these are just regular ol' free fonts. I have tried several different ones from different sites..just to make sure they arent corrupt or anything. Still no luck. I have installed tons before..so thats why its so weird that now it wont let me for some reason. It really sucks not being able to..I really have no clue to why this is happening.