vinyl collectro doc by alan zweig

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120454/ http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/312157/11805990/ christ. this is good but depressing as shit. His little personal "alan" minutes where he talk in front of a mirror about how miserable he is, is pretty sad. And I love how he like attacks the people he interviews and trys to make them misirble about collecting also. !GUILT TRIP ALERT!Im not a gonzo collector but they do dominate my life. But my habit isnt that bad. Ive cut back to picking up a few pieces once every week or two, but good thought out investments. Not bringing home boxes and collections every few days like the old days.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I love this thing soo much.

Faulty Towers was such a kick-ass show.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I love this thing soo much.

Faulty Towers was such a kick-ass show.

I think that's actually a .gif from the movie Vinyl.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    where's the late pass graemlin?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    that's actually a .gif from the movie Vinyl

Is this shit on DVD yet?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i burned it to one today. 2nd link i posted

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Wait a minute.. so Harvey Pekar was in VINYL???

I guess when I saw vinyl I didn't know who he was or at least I would not have recognized him.

Is he the guy who the director offers to buy some shelves for his records so he doesn't have to climb over them to get to his bed.. and then he freaks out?

I don't think they have an official DVD, it's pretty low budget and probably not worthy of an actual bar code but you can download it from various places.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Is this shit on vinyl[/b] yet?

Wait a minute.. so Harvey Pekar was in VINYL???

Yeah, he's teasing Alan Zweig about not having a girlfriend and stuff if I remember correctly.