The Craziest Record Convention EVAR!!!

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Drove up to Oklahoma City for a Record Convention that was held yesterday from 1:00 to 11:00.Got up there about 7:00 and entered what had to be the wackiest record show of all time. First off, there were 6 dealers and I had never met a single one(after 25 years of doing this shit I know most of the dealers/collectors in the Southwest).One dude was selling picture frames and empty LP covers that were in boxes labeled "Framers"???A couple of really nice guys had a table of $1.00 records.....one guy had plastic tubs filled with records that looked like they had not survived a flood.A talkative older woman(yeah, older than me) had country LP's and tried to give me the "hard sell" on her "ultra rare" Michael Jackson "E.T." box set.I was there for 2 hours and there were 3 customers.....me......some dude who looked like he might have been a little "slow" listening to a Fraggle Rock LP off in the corner by himself....and a 50 something Beatles dude.As I was leaving they handed me a flyer for their 2nd Annual Show next August!!You can bet I'll be there....Here are some of the LP's I picked up......most expensive one was $5.00

Comments

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

I have always thought about trying to catch one up there if I was in the area, which, I sometimes am.

Is that put on by Bob from Houston AKA Infinite Productions? I think he did or does one there but there might be two different ones.

I think I might know someone who actually is looking for that Boris Karloff record if u want to sell it. Have to double check, it's on a list somewhere that is not here.

I heard they had a show in San Antonio that had less than 6 tables.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I went to a record show last year with FOUR dealers - turned out it was almost exclusively a showcase for the present-day 'Whipped Cream and Other Delights' lady...

Did pretty well actually, but only because I was (one of?) the first to go through the stuff...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Rock, what does this sound like? I've never seen that one before.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Rock, what does this sound like? I've never seen that one before.

Probably the best Hoctor LP I've come across.....all covers but some good versions of cuts like "Mighty, Mighty", "My Soul Is A Witness", "You Haven't Done Nothing" and even "Kung Fu Fighting"!!