Friday/Weekend Finds

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
South East Georgia finds...Tom BrockDanny PearsonMontclairsThe age of ReasonLafayette Rock BandIn 100 degree weather!!!!

Comments

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Y'all can dead this thread after this post, because it aint gonna get any better.
    I was more excited about this than the sealed Weldon Irvine "Time Capsule" LP I dug up a few weeks ago:

it took seven long years to find this, and I refused to bite the bullet and drop 3 figures for it...but at long last:
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    I picked up a crosley cr248(lp/tape burned to cd in one unit) for 75 bucks at goodwill. Didn't have enough cash, went to go get it and by the time i was back it was gone. I'm frantically running through the store and its in some dudes cart. I told him i had left to get the cheese and "i'd give him five bucks" if he let me have it. this is after i went home got money and found out the item retails for four hun. the unit has everything in the plastic, instructions and all, but no box. GRIP AND FLIP!

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That Kamul Abdul Alim album is pretty fantastic. Thanks to Aleit for the
    Sonny Forriest, which is my new dinnertime music. 20/20 feeds my power
    pop jones and does it right. Quality. Tina Britt was a little blusier than expected,
    but has some great tracks. Joneses is a smart, funny and slick soul LP, a new favorite of mine.

• nice finds here ----- what does that Tom Jones sound like?? im partial to his bombastic early blue-eyed soul type stuff.. dance floor mayhem!! is that one youve got there the king track???

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    digs from the last 9?? days or so.......

• there we go

• that an original mohawks ?

you in brussels ?

nice city for records, i was just there about 10 days ago. great libraries and affordable prices.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    nice finds here ----- what does that Tom Jones sound like?? im partial to his bombastic early blue-eyed soul type stuff.. dance floor mayhem!! is that one youve got there the king track???

its THE bombastic blue-eyed soul dance floor mayhem track of his....his screams are somethin else on that record...

• hey fred fades, what is that jazz rockova dilna comp like? any chance i can get you to post "sly" from that album?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    cheap

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    nice! IF ANYONE HAS THE IMP COVER I NEED IT!

how clean is your fillmotions? by far one of my favorite soul 45s. great sweet falsetto lead. better than the lp version for me.

that infinity lp is nice too. good modern gospel from the bay area.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

b/w "1989"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

that manny ramirez in the top left corner?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

that manny ramirez in the top left corner?

LOL!!!! "that's just Manny being Manny Liberace!"

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    how clean is your fillmotions?

for some reason i thought it was gonna be some 80's soul group because it was so clean, and it was in a box full of 80's 45's. took a chance dropping 5 bucks on the strength on their name alone and was geeked as soon as i got home and dropped the needle.

the infintiy record is great, although i think i like their album with the red cover better. in fact, i need a cleaner copy of that one if you got it.

on a bay related note, that amandio cabral is a bossa record out of san francisco.

• hey r*an, how much did it run you ?

i was thinking about getting one but not sure if it'd be worth the invest.

anyways, as this is a finds threads, here is some stuff i picked up recently in europe (UK, france, switzerland and belgium). belgium and switzerland were by far the best place for libraries i've ever been (even good affordable prices, unlike anything else in switzerland).

and here is a picture from the top of europe.

dave

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

that an original mohawks ?

you in brussels ?

nice city for records, i was just there about 10 days ago. great libraries and affordable prices.

Yes, Mohawks is original, I got it from a Belgian website ?? la craigslist.

I don't live in Brussels, but study there. What places did you go? Seems like you found some great stuff.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    hey dave, it was free -- a bday present from pops. more vacay pics please.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    good shit.

i went to the washington coast with my girlfriend for a day and passed this small lil flea market looking building that had a little sign in the window that read "books and records" so i thought i'ld give it a look to kill some time.

this is what i found....

3-4 aisles records from the ceiling to the floor

unopened originals sprinkled here and there

this place looked as though it hadn't even been tapped. i asked the lil old lady who owned the store and she told me people rarely came in for records.

not sure if this was the price or what... if anyone has this album lemme kno if it was worth $30,000 haha

picked up a handle full of vinyl, from what i could get my hands on, and came away with this unopened original pressing of seattle jazz/rock artist johnny lewis from seattle's early jazz scene. the story behind the vinyl the lady told me was that he's a neighbor of hers and her husband helped johnny out with a few favors and passed along the last remaining album he had to her husband. dunno if the album's dope or not... or know of it's value but i had to get it regardless.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    got these a while back... finaly getting a chance to go thru them.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    got these a while back... finaly getting a chance to go thru them.

EPs? Or every alternate cover I've never seen all in one place (baring Teri Kasam, Professor P and Morchha)?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    all eps. sorry, shoulda said that.

Did you listen to the non-LP Zamaane Ko Dikhana Hai track yet? I can't remember if it was good or not.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Did you listen to the non-LP Zamaane Ko Dikhana Hai track yet? I can't remember if it was good or not.

whats the name? never had the LP

It might just be like title music or something. I don't recall.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i have an mp3 copy of the LP somewhere.. ill look it up. was it "joy for living"? i remember hearing this for the first time thinking i got a cover with the wrong record inside.

Sounds quite possible. It was either a title music type thing, or an track in English.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    good shit.

i went to the washington coast with my girlfriend for a day and passed this small lil flea market looking building that had a little sign in the window that read "books and records" so i thought i'ld give it a look to kill some time.

this is what i found....

3-4 aisles records from the ceiling to the floor

unopened originals sprinkled here and there

album lemme kno if it was worth $30,000 haha

picked up a handle full of vinyl, from what i could get my hands on, and came away with this unopened original pressing of seattle jazz/rock artist johnny lewis from seattle's early jazz scene. the story behind the vinyl the lady told me was that he's a neighbor of hers and her husband helped johnny out with a few favors and passed along the last remaining album he had to her husband. dunno if the album's dope or not... or know of it's value but i had to get it regardless.

That place was good 10 years ago from what I remember. I can't remember if it was Anacortes? or one of those other towns over there.