Elizabeth Goes All LOTR

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I sure wasn't expecting a sequel (let alone a trilogy) but the cast is bonkers and I have to say: I'm down for this.http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/elizabeththegoldenage/large.html

Comments

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    This looks

Elizabeth was a real surprise for me. Cate is amazing and ethereal, but I was blown away by the poised demon she became on screen. I love it when a movie you had no expectations for blows you away. I have a non sexual crush on her now, I think she's insanely talented. NZ you can have big russ back, we have a real star in our midst.

Also happy b'day O, I kind of think of you as the intelligent patriarch/big brother around here.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    For me, Cate Blanchett is the best actress out there right now. One of my boys had a minor role alongside her in "Charlotte Gray", and said she's a total pro who's really focused on set. According to him, she's not aloof or distant, and is quite friendly and easy-going, but there's something about her which leaves you in no doubt that she is all about The Work. For me, she's one of the increasingly rare breed of actors nowadays where you see the performance before the performer.

Oh, and happy birthday O-Dub.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    NZ you can have big russ back, we have a real star in our midst.

He bought a league club and had them getting all touchy feely.... he's official now, you can't get rid if him that easily.

And anyway, we got Flight Of The Conchords.... no room at the inn for Russ.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Hahaha there is some doco on air this week about the rabbitohs and big russ.

I will do you a deal - if you take Rusty back we will stop claiming the Finn brothers and Sam Neill too. And we will forget about Jake the muss overdubbing Boba Fett in the super duper special edition star wars.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Normally a movie like this wouldn't interest me at all, but Cate Blanchett is seriously killin it.

- spidey

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The only thing I was a little suspect about was the Elizabeth-in-full-armor-on-those-giving-rousing-"this will be a day that goes down in history"-speechifying.

I half-expected, "This! Is! England!"

Otherwise, Spanish/English political/military intrigue? Naval armada battles? Clive Owen as Sir Walter Raleigh?

Hells yeah.

This looks

Elizabeth was a real surprise for me. Cate is amazing and ethereal, but I was blown away by the poised demon she became on screen. I love it when a movie you had no expectations for blows you away. I have a non sexual crush on her now, I think she's insanely talented. NZ you can have big russ back, we have a real star in our midst.

Also happy b'day O, I kind of think of you as the intelligent patriarch/big brother around here.