Morning Workout

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Was up at 5:30 this morning to get wifey off to the airport. Figured since I was awake, I'd go back to my old routine, and try to get a bikeride in before work.and, man, I love the morning workout. Went for a 20 mile bikeride before work today. There was no one out, except a few other exercisers, sun rising over the hills, fog over some reeds and flowers on a bike path; it looked like a Wayne Thiebaud landscape. Not to mention, crisp air to breathe, nice morning light, out before the city wakes up.But the greatest reward? getting that crossed off the list before 7:30am.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If I could start going to sleep before
    3:30 AM, this might work for me, too ...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Cut out the middle man and ride your bike to work...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    If I could start going to sleep before
    3:30 AM, this might work for me, too ...

no shit. i could actually have a morning.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Was up at 5:30 this morning to get wifey off to the airport. Figured since I was awake, I'd go back to my old routine, and try to get a bikeride in before work.

and, man, I love the morning workout. Went for a 20 mile bikeride before work today. There was no one out, except a few other exercisers, sun rising over the hills, fog over some reeds and flowers on a bike path; it looked like a Wayne Thiebaud landscape. Not to mention, crisp air to breathe, nice morning light, out before the city wakes up.

But the greatest reward? getting that crossed off the list before 7:30am.

Yo,

I've started working out early in the morning (walking intially, then I'll run with improved conditioning). Also, I've cut back my eating and quit smoking COMPLETELY. I haven't had a cigarette since last Thursday, and I'm not "nickin'" at all. Fuck a cigarette, and big ups to weight loss and better health!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just got back from the gym. It's late, but fuck it, at least I did it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i quit smoking weed.
    oh wait, i havent been able to get any for a month.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Cut out the middle man and ride your bike to work...

I always wanted to do this but in our heat all suited up? Oh hell no. Sweat hog for days!

• Yo,

I've started working out early in the morning (walking intially, then I'll run with improved conditioning). Also, I've cut back my eating and quit smoking COMPLETELY. I haven't had a cigarette since last Thursday, and I'm not "nickin'" at all. Fuck a cigarette, and big ups to weight loss and better health!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Congratulations, Professor Stacks! Seeing many friends and family struggle with cigarettes. Good luck staying off of them (I'm sure it'll make your workouts easier, too).

I just got back from the gym myself. I'm lucky in that there's a branch across the street from my office, so I go most days at lunch. Breaks up the day nicely and is a good way to relieve stress.

• Cut out the middle man and ride your bike to work...

I always wanted to do this but in our heat all suited up? Oh hell no. Sweat hog for days!

Yeah, my 1) sweat glands and 2) living 30 miles from job preclude this.

And, while yes, i would like to move closer, work is in the middle of nowhere.