old mickey mouse cartoons

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
apologies if these have been posted previouslyhttp://www.barnaclepress.com/comics/archives/comedy/mickey_mouse/index.htmlyes, its real

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    youll find a gamg of un-pc shit in old cartoons.

Bugs Bunny got some shit.
    Woody WoodPecker G.S.Shit.

Sign of the times.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    an attempted suicide motif repeats for the rest of the series, and according to that site it was actually Walt's idea.

i gave too much away just now so i'm editing it but - i think its cool how the ending doesnt really wrap everything up in a nice bow

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i think its cool how the ending doesnt really wrap everything up in a nice bow

Come on - nothing says "closure" like a conference with squirrels

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i dint watch this, but i am guessing they are smoking benson and hedges...

they were a big sponser of the flintstones... flintstones was (is?) like the simpsons where it was shown on prime time and had an adult audience...

mr. magoo smoked too, if remember right... when i used to go to comic book conventions in the early 90's, there were guys would sell tapes of all this stuff...

i just finished that big old book on walt disney that came out last year... it was cool... he was an intersting guy... very driven and always moving on to the next thing... not a good artist tho... could barely draw...

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

My parents use to have a print of this..... I'll never forget it.

Sorry its so big, but I couldn't find one smaller that did it justice.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I can't believe that [SPOILER ALERT] he doesn't actually win Minnie's heart back by the end of the strip [/SPOILER ALERT].

Thank god for the squirrels or who knows what would have happened.