Can I "Interview "Philly PhillMost?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
What it do?What's your favorite Now & Later flavor?When did u start making the trip to NYC to for HIP HOP?What's your All-Time Fav Sneaker?When did u first "witness" Hip Hop?Your favorite Fearless Four MC?What's Your favorite Lee colour?Playboys vs British Walkers?I finally heard u spit on the Medium Rare comp by Delay. You were killin it.Who were you immediate MC influences? Any particular song/event make you feel like the game was Really being compromised?What's missing form the game right now?Has Philly's contribution to the genre been overlooked or underrated?Name 3 wack MCs?Freckles - Yah or Nay?What Comics were you into during your "heavy reading" days?Did u ever work a BeatBox?Have you ever passed on a record (while shopping) and regret not coppin?Which one?Bell Kangols - Yay or Nay? If yay - whick colour?Favorite Human Beatbox?What contribution/influence do u think/know uv made on the game(local/global)?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    take that shit to

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    take that shit to

Facebook >>>> MySpace >>>>. Friendster

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Friendster

Friendster

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Soulstrut >>>> Facebook >>>> MySpace >>>>. Friendster

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    What it do?

i don't understand what that means

What's your favorite Now & Later flavor?

i do not eat candies. candy is BAD for you in more ways than you may know.

When did u start making the trip to NYC to for HIP HOP?

i grew up right outside of the BX (well, a 1/2 hr drive away, but close enuff)... all the great old school pioneers performed and threw parties at the community center right around the corner from where I lived. as far as actually going to parties right in the bronx, harlem world, etc... i guess around 1979 or maybe 80

What's your All-Time Fav Sneaker?

i'm not a big sneaker head, so i dunno.. anything that don't make my size 14 feet look duck-like, i guess

When did u first "witness" Hip Hop?

hard to say because it wasn't even known as hip hop back then, it was just going to parties. i guess the 1st time i really took notice that it was becoming more of a show than just a regular party with the way the mcs were performing and the deejays turning it into a spectacle was i guess sometime in 1978. Possibly 1977, but i think it was more like 78. that's when ifirst heard about these old records that people were playing just for the beats, like Bongo Rock, Apache etc

Your favorite Fearless Four MC?

I guess DLB, but Tito is a bad muthafutha too

What's Your favorite Lee colour?

the royal blue joints

Playboys vs British Walkers?

british... my feet too big for most o' that schitt anyway

I finally heard u spit on the Medium Rare comp by Delay. You were killin it.

thanks. i agree

Who were you immediate MC influences?

at that time it was LL, Kane, Rakim, Moe Dee, Biz even... but everybody was an influence when you get right down to it. at the end of the day, though, i feel like Frankie baby... i did it my way

Any particular song/event make you feel like the game was Really being compromised?

no

What's missing form the game right now?

if the people listening today don't feel like anything is missing, then i guess it's goin' down the way its supposed to. at this point i don't even critique what dudes are doing today... if it's what the people want then they are absolutely doing what they should be doing, whether people like me or people from my era can get with it or not.

Has Philly's contribution to the genre been overlooked or underrated?

talented tenth could probably answer that better than me.... i don't really know

Name 3 wack MCs?

nobody is wack to me if they have a following and they're doing their thing, whatever that may be. i don't have to like it or think that what they do is a great example of emceeing, but as long as somebody out there is getting what they're doing then it's not wack IMO.
    now, if you think that answer is and want to put me on the hotseat and MAKE me name names, the best I can say is that whover those wack mcs may be, their names probably start with "young" or "li'l"

Freckles - Yah or Nay?

nay (unless elise has freckles... then it's yay all day )

What Comics were you into during your "heavy reading" days?

all the marvel classics from the 60s... everything by Jack Kirby, a lot of Steve Ditko, then later Jim Steranko and dudes like Paul Gulacy. Into the 80s it was all about the X-Men... i was a BIG John Byrne fan. Frank Miller was my guy, though... he was TOTALLY with the Daredevil / Elektra saga. So innovative with his style, design etc... really revolutionized the way comics look and the way stories were told

Did u ever work a BeatBox?

the old school joints? nah. i'm looking for one, though... anybody sellin' one, hollur. i got $$$

Have you ever passed on a record (while shopping) and regret not coppin?
    Which one?

i'm sure many, but one i can think of is smoke "rising" for $60 at wfmu. i went up there to meet some people, i wasn't supposed to be buying anything. but i saw this one dealer had the invaders "spacing out" og for $30... of course i couldn't pass that up. he had the smoke lp too, and i knew i should've gotten it, but i tried to be good and not buy anything other than the invaders lp.

Bell Kangols - Yay or Nay? If yay - whick colour?

yay. white or green.

Favorite Human Beatbox?

no opinion... mad respect to the beatbox dudes though. i like em all

What contribution/influence do u think/know uv made on the game(local/global)?

no idea... i guess i have to leave that up to others to say. i know i've made almost NO contributions locally here in Philly, so if i did anything it would be on a global level. all i can say is that i am always very humbled whenever i find out that some dude who is truly a big dude knows about me and some of teh stuff i've done and gives me respect... i am always very surprised by that and i gotta admit, it warms the cockles of my heart

btw, am i getting paid for this?

btw, am i getting paid for this?

"This is for the Wayne Foundation Urban Child Development Audio Series."

"Alfred, write out a check for Mr. Phill, and make sure he gets dropped off to his residence."

Thank You.

• COCKLES!