DEEP TROPICAL FUNK in TORONTO this SAT. AUG. 18th

roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
edited August 2007 in Announcements
Hey there everyone near and far,The time has come once again, my friends, when the world's premiere tropical funk and rhythms event, TURNING POINT[/b], again comes back to Toronto's infamous GLADSTONE HOTEL[/b] (1214 Queen Street West, 1 block east of Dufferin at Queen). As always, expect the DEEPEST[/b] music from HOT and EXOTIC locales including GHANA, NIGERIA, LIBERIA, MALI, BENIN, IVORY COAST, CAMEROON, TOGO, GUINEA, GAMBIA, SENEGAL, CONGO, SEYCHELLES, KENYA, TANZANIA, SOMALIA, ETHIOPIA, ZAMBIA, MOZAMBIQUE, ZIMBABWE, NAMIBIA, EGYPT, SUDAN, TURKEY, IRAN, INDIA, INDONESIA, COLOMBIA, BOLIVIA, URUGUAY, CHILE, ECUADOR, PERU, BRAZIL, VENEZUELA, MEXICO, TRINIDAD, GUYANA, CUBA, DOMINICA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, BARBADOS, HAITI, PUERTO RICO, PANAMA, COSTA RICA, NICARAGUA, BELIZE and many other tropical hot spots around the world! I can assure you no other party out there will play so much HEAVY[/b] and DANCEFLOOR[/b] friendly music from so many unique places in a single night so seamlessly! Makes sense that many have called it 'the best party in the world'... just ask Quantic, Keb Darge, Miles Cleret, and others.... Besides the music, the visuals and decore specifically installed for TURNING POINT[/b] really make the night quite special. Not only are you listening to long lost and forgotten gems revived by DJs dedicated to their global excavation of them, but you are actually in an environment that fosters true appreciation of music. What do I mean? As I have said before, TURNING POINT[/b] makes you feel like you've stepped into a dark, smokey 50's ballroom deep in the French Antilles... from personal experience, there is nothing like it. Special treat this particular time around is that world-renowned Toronto DJ/collector, A MAN CALLED WARWICK[/b], is doing a special SOLO SESSION, so expect extra heavy selections from one of the world's great record collectors and deejays.Cover is $10 and doors open at 10 PM. However, arrive early or face the prospect of lines around the block.Hope to see you all there,RON