Figgity Fives.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Downloading Dirty Dames[/b]1. New Chingo with like, 85% of it produced by Salih Williams. Por favor...you know the rest. 2. Still got 5 days of vacation left. Put up some track lights, cleaned some house, ripped some vinyl and enjoying some good ol' R & R. Best part about it is I still have 4 weeks to take by the end of the year!3. Got a $290 voucher from Southwest Air for allowing myself to get bumped. [color:white](Moist bait!)[/color] 4. Fresh ass bday gifts from people I don't normally expect bday gifts from: Thee Midniters - Giants 5. $9 Amoeba gambles based off of song titles alone.Ginga Snaps "Lloraras" (off Bastard Boots Vol. 3?)**Bonus**"I think you're cute."I'm 33 years old and those words make me feel like a nervous, giddy and proud junior high boy. Low Down Dirty Shame[/b]1. Big girls on Myspace who crop their pics mid-breast. You ain't foolin' me. Be proud of whoooooo you aaaaaaaaare!2. Only have 5 days of vacation left.3. Weeds are creepin' on uh come up! I need a machete to get through the yard! Unfortunately, it's 110 degrees these days. Plus it's monsoon season so cutting 'em now would be pointless 'cause they'd be back in a week!4. My pack rat ways are starting to stress me out.

Comments

• "I think you're cute."
    I'm 33 years old and those words make me feel like a nervous, giddy and proud junior high boy.

And when it comes from a youngin, say 18?

Nowhere close to those five, but:

5. Inland Empire dvd, finally watched the new "movie" from my favorite director.

4. My weekend starts now.

3. Plan on doing things NOT involving records.

2. Bills paid off.

1. Get to see my sister and the nephews next month, been looking forward to for about a year now.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    PANCETTA[/b]

1a ??? 1c) FILE UNDER: LIFESTYLE CHANGES

a. broke up with the tallboy almost 2 weeks ago. exercise addict now. beer belly going, going, gone!

b. decided to stop putting up with being unhappy and unappreciated at the jobby job and did something about it

c. savings. I look back at a year ago when I didn???t have a savings account and how disastrous that was. now I can DO things. travelly things

2) I HEART SUMMER.

summer day trips, summer movie nights at dolores park, summer crushes, summer bike riding, summer grilling, summer drinks, summer museum going, summer dancing, summer walking around the city, summer everything

3) Dear insanely cheap lomo "ringflash", I love you because you don???t cost $400-$1000 like real ringflashes do. You have your flaws, but you are still pretty awesome. Lets hang out more

4) positive thinking + a deeper love for comedy = crush kill destroy stress. my curmudgeon ways are starting to bend

5) MULTI-PLEX. I think this is a good summer for movies as I have 4 on my "to see" list still

THE BACONATOR[/b]

1) wine instead of beer is kind of a new and scary thing for me

2) i guess fitting into favorite old clothes again isn't enough for me because I've been spending too much in the wardrobe dept.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    FUNKY KINGSTON
    2. Fifth Anniversary for my monthly party - move on up! - CD comp with contributions from past guests in the works!
    3. New shirt dress with embroidered flowers all down the front and on the sleeves.
    4. Swimming in Georgian Bay while it's raining - water was dark green and silver and if you were quiet, you could hear the hiss of rain hitting the surface. Sigh.
    5. Radishes, parsley, sundried black olives and capers with red wine vinegar/olive oil and shaved paremsan

SEAN KINGSTON
    1. Woman who sits next to me eats carrots everyday before Noon with her mouth open. I have to leave and walk around so not to scream. But if I'm really busy, that is not an option.
    2. Can't stop buying summer shoes.
    3. Crank calls are continuing and s/he is now calling super early (6.30 AM) and late (11.30 PM). Caller's number is "unknown", looks like our only option is to bar all blocked numbers.
    4. Umbrella - Rihanna - Did she steal this song from the chick from the Cranberries?
    5. Raccoon turf war on the deck above our bedroom for the past three motnhs. It got so bad the other night, they started barking at each other.

• COOL BREEZES:

1. Yard sale bikes, and riding them.

2. Finally got that metal frame off of my 'project piano'. Thing weighs a ton.

3. Finally got to drink a mint julep...b/w....

4. The Red Fox Room. Old piano man plays all my favorite songs, old folks that can't sing for shit get on the mike and serenade the ladies. I get shitfaced and laugh at their jokes ("It had to be you... My wife wouldn't dooo!" wacka wacka wacka!") ....good shit.

5. TUMS spelled backwards is SMUT.

HOT AND MUGGY

1. Fuck this hot and muggy ass weather it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

2. Wish these yard sale bikes wouldn't break every time we ride them.

3. Need another yard sale bike but saturday is so far away.

4. My *^%ing 88 key weighted midi controller is STILL on back order and now they say it won't get here until september and we ordered it in july. I can't finish my project piano without it and it makes me sad because lately i've really been wanting to play the piano again.

5. Like I said, its muggy. shower in the morning, shower after the gym, shower again in the evening. no AC in the house.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Geaux Salih!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

4. Umbrella - Rihanna - Did she steal this song from the chick from the Cranberries?

Hahaha.

• Hot
    1. Bachelor Party on Friday...throwing down for my boy's last weekend of freedom! Strippers + booz + a bunch of rowdy drunkards = a really good time!
    2. Flipped some gear and records on ebay, getting a Nord Lead 3 on Friday and a MPC2500 on Thursday.
    3. Getting $500 worth of records from my boy this weedend to complete a trade...Should have some definite heat to showcase on the next weekend finds thread!
    4. We're hosting a Waves seminar on Thursday at my job...Free plug-in's out the ying-yang!
    5. Found the big Garland Green 45 on Revue ealier this week for $.50!

Cold
    1. I have been hung over and exhausted the last 2 days at work...Need to get some rest and take some time off of the party scene.
    2. The internal hard drive in my powerbook is fucked up...Had to load the OS on my external HD.
    3. Went to pick up "Inland Empire" at best buy yesterday, and found out it got pulled from the shelves for some kind of Copyright issue. Now I have to wait another week or two.
    4. Sold my Oberheim Xpander to free $$$ for other gear moves...That bad boy will be missed.
    5. It is too fucking hot and got damn humid in Indiana right now...I wish it would rain already!

5. Raccoon turf war on the deck above our bedroom for the past three motnhs. It got so bad the other night, they started barking at each other.

OMG i had this on my roof when i first moved in. the noise they made was so disturbing! plus i think they were big ones because it sounded like i had people living above me who were doing jumping jacks. i didn't get a decent night's sleep for a good week.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    High

1) Getting to have lunch with my wife everyday until she starts back at school.

2) I am getting a lot of projects done around the house.

3) I have been cooking up some great food the last couple of weeks.

4) I am taking off on Monday and can't wait to have a three day weekend.

5) Freaks & Geeks, such a great show.

Low

1) My wife going back to school in about a week.

2) I still have a lot more projects to do around the house.

3) One more month until my salary review and I am not getting paid enough to do this shit.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    + $63,000,000,000 billion

1. My new apartment is really fucking great.
    2. Free box seats to the Yankees Friday night.
    3. Rollin to Philly this weekend to visit some friends I haven't seen in a long time.
    4. Ever throw a lobster on the grill? Try it!
    5. The summer interns this year are off the chain!!

Iranian arms dealers who love pitt bulls

1. Blazing interns this summer and I feel like that guy in the animated giff with a "Don't touch the girls" sign written on his hand.
    2. Never close on a new apartment without having your punch list completed, fuck an empty promise.
    3. Some toy painted a really ugly throw-up on my fence, Park Slope toys stay the fuck away from my property!

That's it, I'm trying to focus on the positives.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Stratosphere:

1. New "makin out" status with one of my favorite ladies evarrr

2. Band playing at Sputnik in Brooklyn tomorrow night (Thurzzday)

3. Rustled up a last minute wedding gig ... $$$

4. Going to a roller skate party with "favorite lady" tonite

5. Got last minute ticket to a JT show this past weekend ... was never much of a fan but was floored by the 2 1/2 hour performance.

*bonus*

6. Sunday night grill chills with lite rock soundtracks are makin everything alright.

Permafrost:

1. School starting up again soon. Not entirely a "bad" thing ... one more year before I'm a proper librarian. It just soaks up a lot of time.

2. Small city drama / inter-personal politics. Excessively high (and crazy) this summer. I've managed to stay off most people's shitlists, but I'm still caught up in the storm.

3. My cousin falling off a ladder and smashing his ankle to the point where the doctor referred to it as "the worst ankle he's ever seen".

3. My cousin falling off a ladder and smashing his ankle to the point where the doctor referred to it as "the worst ankle he's ever seen".

I hate when Drs pull that shit. I want them to lie to me.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

ours just left. they all had mans. damn.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

ours just left. they all had mans. damn.

We still have them for another week. As a soon to be married man I wasn't even entertaining a "are you dating anyone" type conversation. Although two weeks ago one of them told me she had just broken up recently and my head exploded "DON'T TOUCH THE GIRLS!"

• PUUULLL UPPP!!!
    1. My mix cd is done

2. Farmers market tomatoes are just killing it right now and I have been making lots of tasty foods with said tomatoes
    3. Biting the bullet and gonna go back to school
    4. Getting great DJ gigs including a roof top reggae party where dogs are allowed and the dudes I spun with in Tel Aviv will be guesting at my party in a couple of weeks
    5. Watermelon + fresh mint + ice + a blender = perfection
    6. Leinie's Sunset Wheat beer...a new summer favorite

Bumbaclot
    1. Facing the reality that applying to grad school is going to be a pain in the ass
    2. Job is boring me to pieces right now
    3. My bank account balance is kind of lower than it should be for no good reason
    4. Redskins look sorry right now, but it is early
    5. All the girls I have dug recently either do not live here or have moved away...wassupwitthat?

• i'm staying positive...

1. i do more by 7am than most people do in an entire day.....

not really, i just always wanted to say that. i've been going to the gym before work every morning, and i'm not a morning person. a pathetic #1 i guess, but i'm happy about it.

2. my younger siblings are . i spent some qt with them this summer and i like what i see. my lil bro is only 6 years old and he was kicking my ass in chess the other day. if he turns into a hoop player, its game over. he's already got me beat in the looks department.

3. i won what was basically a pro bono case for this woman last week and it made her year. she needed a win badly, for financial and emotional reasons, and when the judge found in her favor, she gave me a hug.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

5. All the girls I have dug recently either do not live here or have moved away...wassupwitthat?

This is probably all my bottom fives rolled into one fat miserable one.

As for tops

1. My looooong summer vacation is proving to be very nice and very productive. Been working on a lot of new tracks, couple of mix-cds, doing things on canvases, finding tons of good music... ahhh.

2. Met up with a real good friend of mine I only see about once every 6 months yesterday. We sat up drinking and talking shit in a barn all night. It was great. Dude cooks a mean breakfast, too.

3. There was bacon with that breakfast.

4. Finding a lot of nice things to wear lately.

5. Making collages. Yup, cutting, pasting, gluing, messing around. I love that shit.

- J

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    All good:

1) Summer, please never leave.

2) Summer fruit - cherries were delicious for the first half, and now the Ontario peaches are fantastic.

3) Vacation - I don't get much, but I love taking it. Swam in both the Pacific, and the Caribbean!

4) Growing vegetables on my garden - who knew I would love it so much? The tomatoes are like my children, the chili plant's gone nuts, and there's basil all over the place. PESTO FOR DAYZ.

5) Lots of cool 45s coming in to listen to - new faves: Barbara Green 'Should have treated you right' on Vivid, December's Children 'Backwards and forwards' on World Pacific, and Big Bo's Twist!

Only one bad:

Yahoo is taking their sweet time fixing my blog that they broke while I was away on vacation.. grr...

2) Summer fruit - cherries were delicious for the first half, and now the Ontario peaches are fantastic.

So true!

So true!

Rainier.

So true!

Rainier.

Yup - gardens this year attest to it, too. I just wish it was hotter up here, there were a few days, but on the whole, not enough +30 days for me.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    not enough +30 days for me.

HAHAHAHAHA!

It??s not fog, it??s rain. About 20th day in a row, 30-50ml in a day. It??s 9 C outside right now.

Enjoy your summer!

- J

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    coffee in the morning[/b]
    1) ME AND THE HOMIE UNDERTHERADAR BE ROLLIN' TO SAN FRANCISCO TONIGHT. WHAT/WHERE ARE YOU FOLLS? WE GET IN KINDA LATE, BUT HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET DRUNK. LETS DOOOOO THIS. sorry for all the caps lock, I'm excited. Get to see some fam, some folks, etc etc and some damn records. holler.
    2)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^really, i need this small vacation.
    3) q-tips. really. i like them too much.
    4) Clean apartment. Those that know me know that my apartment is OCD clean. Damn, you should see it now. It's like a showroom for low income housing.
    5) New suit. I dislike shopping for clothes. Especially Nordstrom during one of their semi-annuals. However, I needed another suit. To my surprise, it was a completely painless experience, I think I got lucky b/c walking by the women's dept., it looked like a warzone-- but the mens was empty. Got a huge deal on a suit I couldn't afford otherwise, free tailoring, and it looks slick w/ my new pale yellow tie. The really old ladies at my work be eye ballin'.

silverfish[/b]
    1) fucked up idiotic person with their head up their ass. plaese to take your mouth off.
    2) mild hangover. either stay or go, sucka!
    3) i feel like that scene in Mulholland Drive where that hollywood producer type says his only line: "this coffee tastes like SHIT." and it does. I'm through w/ the free work coffee. Gotta go buy some good stuff.
    4) Haven't been able to pick up a copy of the new UGK yet, been listening to a shitty rip. I need that.
    5) Forgetting to put your Netflix in the mail on your way out in the morning and then remembering at work, realizing it's just that much longer until you get new episodes of the Wire.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    +[/b]

1. Just chopped my credit card bill in half

2. Looks like I might be going on another tour next month in Canada

3. Been chilling out on the drank and exercising more

4. Going to the beach with the fam in a couple weeks

5. This has been on constant rotation this week. Perfect for chilling out in this unusually cool weather (cool being 105 vs. 115)

-[/b]

1. Just chopped my credit card bill in half = -$

2. The fucking mailman keeps leaving promo records in the driveway to cook all day in the sun. *Bonus - I finally drove over one today.

3. People who owe me money not returning emails (V*d** Music holla)

Other than that, shit is cool right about now.

• ok i'll play, since i actually have a good one

EDDIE KENDRICKS

1. just signed the contract for a big promotion at work, major increase in $$ and vacation time! Of course I'll have to work harder, but that's probably good too. And I don't have to enter the open job market, which is never fun

2. Actually some free-in-the-park concerts this weekend that I'm excited about, for the 1st time this summer- Wailers Saturday and Mavis Staples on Sunday

3. Some fun gigs coming up

4. Sister and niece visiting this weekend- quality family time

5. records records records never stop lovin 'em. some exciting trades brewing.

EDDIE RABBIT

1. Max Roach RIP. really sad news. Yes, there are some other OG beboppers still alive, cats who were on the scene from Day One, but no one I can think of with quite that level of worldwide fame/recognition or accomplishment

2. Got hatted on by same hatin'-ass girl in 'tha club' last night. OK I'll vent. I try to talk to this chica who had been sitting at the bar alone for a WHILE. Not being creepy or obtrusive, not even necessarily tryin to run game, just trying to have a conversation and pass the time until the band started. suffice it to say she was NOT a good or willing conversationalist, finally ending up with her saying some nonsensical, annoyed shit and walking away. she needed to get over herself. left me with a bad aftertaste, but oh well, i had fun listening to the BUDOS band and catching up with some of my peops.

negative shit stops here, Kendricks in an easy victory!!

1) ME AND THE HOMIE UNDERTHERADAR BE ROLLIN' TO SAN FRANCISCO TONIGHT. WHAT/WHERE ARE YOU FOLLS? WE GET IN KINDA LATE, BUT HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET DRUNK. LETS DOOOOO THIS.

i have to confirm this with them, but i think cas, anna and i are going to the knockout for bingo nite. you get a card with every drink

those aren't all mine

• Damn... I should be going up there with you....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hey Carlos

Top -

1. newly married, never been happier
    2. saving money, selling records, so so focused right now
    3. my favorite person in the world got married last weekend
    4. ebay summer scores, Little Janice lp on Pzazz rules
    5. got my paypal lift removed finally

Bottom -

best friend is getting divorced, dealing with it well though I must say

2. Looks like I might be going on another tour next month in Canada

dude.

is Toronto on the schedule?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Five Flights Up
    1. Moving out of my current place at the start of october (just as it is starting to fall apart) to move in with my girlfriend.
    2. A couple of cool DJ gigs coming up in the next month or so.
    3. 60s/70s psych/garage 45s that start with drum breaks, I am really feeling these at the moment. The Bag, The Rattles, White Witch et al.
    4. Finally managing to save some $$$
    5. Winter is nearly over
    Five Flights Down
    1. Max Roach RIP - sad day for music.
    2. Sick family members, hope my uncle can kick the cancer, I think my grandad is just old & there ain't no way to beat that unfortunately.
    3. Work is insanely busy, I am struggling to get stuff done & the rehearsal schedule for our production of Superstar is crippling. (This is proving quite good for #4 Up though).
    4. Keyboardists, I cannot get a stable keys player for my band, the last two both got pneumonia, I think we are cursed or something.
    5. Noticed that some of the tin on the roof is lifting in the high winds last night, hope it doesn't blow all the way off before it gets fixed.

Downs seemed easier to think of this time.

Extra special neutral position for my Divorce coming through today.