Embryo help (RR)?

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I know this is a long shot but...about 10 years ago I was in this store and they were playing this record. It was totally mind blowing music. I asked them what they were playing and they handed me the cover. It was a group called Embryo. The thing is I didn't buy it (they were asking 60). I didn't get the name of the record either. All I know is there is a drawing of an egg or something on the cover. It looks like one of those sci fi drawings on the covers of books or something. I remember it having the same color scheme as Power of Zeus. Red and beige color. I remember it being from the late 60s-early 70s. It sounded more rock oriented than the German Embryo. I think it might have been some private press embryo or something.Anybody know what I'm talking about ? I really need to know what record this is. I've been looking for it for over 10 years.A funny thing is 60 back then was just astronomical ! Now I would pay that in a second.

Comments

• ilkkailkka 31 Posts

(German) Embryo - "We Keep On":

Is it this LP?

There is 1 copy of this Embryo "We Keep On" LP at ebay. The starting price is high, but you just said that you would pay 60$ for it..

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ..i will offer 15 other EMBRYO LP'S the next weeks,11 of it are autographed too...
    what an idiot

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

(German) Embryo - "We Keep On":

Is it this LP?

There is 1 copy of this Embryo "We Keep On" LP at ebay. The starting price is high, but you just said that you would pay 60$ for it..

no it's not that one (although that one rocks).

it's got a red cover with painting of eggs if i remember correctly.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    It sounded more rock oriented than the German Embryo.

the record I have by the german Embryo is rock-oriented. very much so.
    this one:

it's from '70. i belive they got funkier later.

• it's from '70. i belive they got funkier later.

Embryo is still alive (Although with changing members).

They are still pretty active and come to a small youthclub near Heidelberg every now and then, they still do a living out of playing music.

In fact they LIVE the music - driving in a van, playing never the same at a gig (so you can??t expect anything, it??s just surprise), traveling etc.

They released a ton of albums - I don??t even have 1/10 of them but you can check their 80s stuff too - which is highly experimental/world music styled.

Greetings
    Seb