A Certain Ratio Appreciation

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
They always sneek up on me when I've forgotten how ridiculously good they were. Just sayin. Listened to "I'd Like To See You Again" today....and wow. Jesus christ in heaven. they're good.

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sextet is amazing... so is the Shack Up 12" with Do The Du on the flip......

+ that Old To The New compilation with the 7"

Can't believe people don't ride harder for this ish! Crazy new wave funksters...

b

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    They always sneek up on me when I've forgotten how ridiculously good they were. Just sayin. Listened to "I'd Like To See You Again" today....and wow. Jesus christ in heaven. they're good.

i love acr. "The Fox" is my one of my favorite songs ever. awall made a post-punk dance mix awhile ago and i died when this song snuck up

the Live America version of it is pretty good too. i love the horns but wish the drums were louder

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Great band - I've seen them around a dozen times down the years, and on at least half those occasions they were

Who's up on their version of "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing"? They based it on the Carmen McRae version which was a big Saturday night Hacienda tune in the early/mid-80s - it's pretty good.

• 'sextet' was the one out of nowhere and sounds like no other, 'to each' also has its moments. never the joy division soundalikes they were labelled as early on. vastly under-rated, inspirational in concert along with 23 skidoo at the time.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Coashein. Got to play with some (perhaps all) of these guys down the line in Manchester back in the day. That sound was compared to what was around them. Shamefully underrated.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    APB is underrated.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    APB is underrated.

APB is indeed SOMEWHAT underrated, IMO. But Shoot You Down and Danceability are the only tracks of their's that I really, really fuck with. Drums on Shoot You Down especially are

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Every time I hear these bands, I can't help to feel as if I'm in a John Hughes movie getting down to Oingo Boingo (BTW that is not intended to be a dis).....................These groups definatley made that 80's sound everyone bite.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    theres some serious acr youtube action out there. get wit it.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    for reals...one of my favorite groups.

the track "Knife Slits Water" is one of my favorites. Strange and with that slap bass and watery. I've made people dance like foils to this into groove is in the heart... i know...weird.

(i'll try to upload it later, just got home from a crazy ass vacation and now have to go back to work
    )

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Even their later shit is They never fell off.