Taxes, Death and Trouble

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
This I know...So i did it.Today was the day.I just sold my record collection.The taxman decided to slap me around like a bitch and i need to come up fast.So i just invited two men into my home that tore into the collection while i sat there watching like some half stunned mullet.And to be honest, i couldnt have sold my babies to a better couple of guys. It must be weird stepping into someones home and carting off their collection... My collection was not by any means particularly large or crammed full of raers, but it was mine and each of those records had a story. Now im sitting here looking at the money and it seems so surreal.Damn...time to start over.

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    sad,sad day. i never even sold 1 records so far.
    good luck with buildung up a new one.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Goddamn! Dude, I'm so sorry. That sucks. In the grand scheme of things you'll be cool, and it's nothing considering how wonderful life must be for you now that you're a papa, but nonetheless...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Sorry to hear that man.. keep working on that book and maybe you can buy it all back.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Sorry to hear, man! I sold 2000 records and left the rest in storage when I moved, and although I miss it sometimes, it's also liberating to rid yourself of a couple thousand pounds of must and plastic. It's a good change of perspective.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Don't even get tempted feeling sorry for what you did. You owned them once, nothing would change if you had held onto them for an x-amount of time.The hunt is always better then the kill.

I'm going to sell 90% of my US Funk 45 collection as soon as I get to live someplace where eBaying them off is managable. Why let them sit in storage?

Records are just records and if you feel you can do better things with the cash, you shouldn't even think twice.

Keep your head up!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    The hunt is always better then the kill.

Says the master huntsman.

Cheers fellas.