Strut-Nicknames?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
What's the story(if there is one)behind the names you use?Batmon is my DJ name back when I gigged. I got called Batmon in college and i'ts stuck w/ me since. When I was in high school, I would run home to catch the Batman t.v. show in syndication @ 4:30pm. The cats in the hood would see me running upstairs to get my superhero shit on. They would yell" Go Batman!!"I put the "o" in man to show my "Rastafarian" influence. I was really just weeded up alot, back in college.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'm a mack, hence TheMack

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    One winter I was really cold and put on two pairs of pants. My friend said that was dumb and called me twoply. Other people started calling me that and it eventually stuck.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my early beats were real dark sounding. and an MC friend started freestyling to a beat, and he just called me that for some reason, and i was feeling the name so it stuck

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Cause I like to eat the Mango Seed (Which looks like ) And I like the cut Mangomeat by Mandril... & I wanted somthing that wouldn't connect me from my other banned names

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I bought mine on eBay

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    I am healthy and ward off diseases like scurvy and TB.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I got mine, as many Soulstrutters have probably guessed, from the 60's/70's label that used to reissue older recordings and sell them for a buck ninety-nine or so. Even though the covers were tacky, they still had a definite camp appeal (sez me). Besides, I always thought that Pickwick 33 would be a good nickname for something, so this e-group gave me a damn good reason.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    from the jazz label and my love of jazz....

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Heard Columbus Ohio based rapper Copywrite in mid-spittage saying that we are talking to an artform. Also I thought about the word itself and I just thought it would be a good login name. Different. So I seperated it into two words and gave it a double meaning: one, Art Form as in first and last name and two, abbreviated from what I call the name, Artistic Formation.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I thought art form stood for artist formerly known as mangoman.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts

Good call! But who is mangoman?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Bsides? Everyone always called me B, then in highschool somebody called me bsides. Its also tatted on my arm.

• I've got soooooooo many kids, the name just fits. Something just happens to chicks when im around. They cant help but get pregnant. I get ALL kinds of juices and such flowing, ya know. My presence fucks with their whole body chemistry for real......

Just kidding...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    My real life name is Lee. I needed to think up some kind of username.... I didn't want to use a nickname that I'm already established with, so........ the Beastie Boys blatantly did that tune called Dr Lee PHD. I'm not a doctor, so I put Mr. Nor did I ever attend university or gain a qualification deemed worthy of acquiring letters after my name, but I thought I should have some kind of PHD, just cause you gotta grab the proverbial love-spuds now and again.

Its a PHD in jawn.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    When I first started rhyming back in 1984 I went by Phantastic Philly Phill MC (the "Phantastic" was paying homage to the Fantastic Romantic 5, the "Philly Phill" was because I'm Phill living in Philly and also paying homage to Mele Mel and the "MC" at the end because my theory was that Phill comes before any MC). Obviously that name got to be a little ridiculous, so that had to be pared down. Original Concept came out with a record where dude says something like "Mr. Bill, most chill", so then my cousin starts saying "Philly Phill, most chill". That was it from there- just cut it down to Phill MC, with the MC standing for Most Chill. "Phill Most" is the abbreviated form.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    i got my name kidgusto out of a fortune cookie. it said, "you kidgusto". i said, "damn, i'm kidgusto". easy as that.

i lie. actually, kidgusto started out as my alias in 96 when I was in a 3 piece ska/rocksteady group named "the gusto con regal trio". In latin, "gusto" means 'of style', so I figured, what better name to rock than the kid of style? and well, kept that shyte ever since.

peas.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Good call! But who is mangoman?

lol

• From the fabulous Highlighters of Indianapolis, Indiana...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    From the fabulous Highlighters of Indianapolis, Indiana...

STAND UP.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Chan is a shortened version of my first name and I'm 6'4", 240 Lb.
    The hommies just started calling me "Big Chan."

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I was the kid who had a nickname for everyone else, but nobody was ever able to pin one on me. Always wanted one though. When I used to DJ back in Detroit, I put my first tape together and was choosing between Ariya and Drew Nice. I picked Drew Nice, because people said it seemed to fit me (no idea why). drewn is an abbreviation of that which I use(d) on other password, eruhmmm...message boards.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    My name is Robert so the "R" is where Archaic begins. For a while I was fascinated with the root word "ark"...Ark of the Covenant, Jason and the Argonauts, Italian arches, the Arkestra, etc. I'm also really into pre-history...in that what we now consider negatively as "archaic" was actually in many cases (pyramids, space travel, etc.) more advanced technologically (at least) than what we've got going on today. So my name itself is meant to point out to you that you are a self-centered, tunnel-visioned despot and so am I.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i got my name kidgusto out of a fortune cookie. it said, "you kidgusto". i said, "damn, i'm kidgusto". easy as that.

i lie.
    damn. false game oveure.

used to go by my initials. A.J.
    thought it was kinda J.
    so, i asked someone for a lil' help in the alias department and "mordecai" was suggested as it was in a movie the person had seen the night before. Stuck with it since. I think that was around '96. was happy to see it pop up in Royal Tenenbaums as the hawk's name.

btw, i'm not jewish as a lot of people think.

the wrestler bit the name from me.

this metal band shares my name as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    cause michael jackson once used his time machine to go back to michigan state, and drink some "jesus juice" with my dad, ervin. should'a put a sock on the pickle.
    +=