Jazzanova guy selling part of his collection

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
just noticed a seller named sygaire (production alias of roskow,jazzanova) from berlin with some really heavy pieces. i thought i ll post the link here, might be some of u want to grab something? http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQfrtsZ0QQsassZsygairethat paul gonsalves lp is pure what about the byard lancaster one? never seen this one before.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the byard lancaster is not too hard to find...session on philly jazz. i does turn up.
    unless i'm completely blanking on it (haven't heard in a while)... i sort of remember it being a trio.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Roskow def. has records. Fellow strutter defcon and me were spinning with him a few weeks ago in Berlin. Looks like he is getting rid of all that "modal" stuff

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Roskow def. has records. Fellow strutter defcon and me were spinning with him a few weeks ago in Berlin. Looks like he is getting rid of all that "modal" stuff

yes, all of the jnova djs have quite a nice collection. i met claas on a fleamarket in berlin, good dude, and he really knows records. alex is an amazing dj too, maybe one of the top10 dj`s for me - a shame he`s asking a lot of $$ for a gig nowerdays, otherwise i would invite him to play at my party again.

• the byard lancaster is not too hard to find...session on philly jazz. i does turn up. unless i'm completely blanking on it (haven't heard in a while)... i sort of remember it being a trio.

Lancaster is free and I can see why ari donut dig.
    Now where's my funky rib grib?

Jazznova guy is listing some very interesting jazz titles, tho they will probably sell for top dollah.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

yes, all of the jnova djs have quite a nice collection. i met claas on a fleamarket in berlin, good dude, and he really knows records. alex is an amazing dj too, maybe one of the top10 dj`s for me - a shame he`s asking a lot of $$ for a gig nowerdays, otherwise i would invite him to play at my party again.

he deserves the money he is charging, his sets are extremely tight. I do notice him being a much better dj now that he is on cdj's vs vinyl a few years back.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Sygaire turned in a track called "Got To Be There" a few years back on Sonarkollektiv which is fantastic. But nothing else from him hits as well as that. Didn't know he was part of Jazzanova. It would make sense.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Man, I know those Jazzanova guys are heavy collectros. A dealer here in Sydney told me of a tiem when they came to his shop and he pulled out this really rare and under-the-radar Oz jazz record and they liked and said how much. The dealer says $250 - they said we'll take how ever many copies you got of this - he had 3 and they bought them all and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

• hi guys,

just to bring some light into the darkness..... just only selling doubles....

after all this jazz-biggies, i will continue with more EAST GERMAN, RUSSIAN & EAST EUROPEAN JAZZ 60??s & 70??s....
    then some PROG ROCK, SINGRER SONGWRITER / FOLK, and will go back to the good all known and unknown breaks classics (always with soundfiles to check...)
    especially from Germany, East Europe but all other parts of this planet...

i decided to sell all the double stuff because it??s getting too much in the moment and i need some more space again...

next week DEFCON is comming again to the studio and maybe we will get our new turkish monster rare groove track for MPM done...

in the meantime you can check the new RAW FUSION 12er with our heavy classic reprogrammed breaks & beats medley SYAGIRE & DEFCON - "always for the breaks"

later.... roskow

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    SALMA!

there I said it first.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    SALMA!

there I said it first.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    SALMA!

there I said it first.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    dope. what was the aussie record Mark or ???

b

• good morning,

you are right with one of the OZ records..... but it was only one copy... an old digger rule says: "if you find 3 copies of one record in one shop or on one day.... it??s not a rare record"

we were in a shop an we found this ultra rare aussie private fusion jazz LP, and it never shows up to honest.... i still don??t have it after 3 years of searching for it.

so the guy wanted 200 aussie $ for it.... we knew that is an extremly rare one and the only chance to get it... so of course J??rgen bought it.... what would you do when you have a record in your hand, you know you don??t will find it again in this lifetime.... and plus there is an amazing outstanding killer track on.....???

but the track that is really touching my heart and one of my all time (aussie) faves, and it??s a really cheap & common record, very easy to find:

renee geyer "be there in the morning"

it??s not always the expensive stuff that rules...

in this spirit..... good morning & have a good, relaxed and fulfilled sunny day

roskow

• next week DEFCON is comming again to the studio and maybe we will get our new turkish monster rare groove track for MPM done...

I need to hear the Yilmaz Saniel LP and your FIRST EVER GERMAN HIP HOP 12", please.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

cosign!

seriously a wonderful tune from Australia!

I want to bump that so loud in a club and just not give a fuck about what other thinks.

cosign!

I want to bump that so loud in a club and just not give a fuck about what other thinks.

I take requests from overseas at the Tonic Lounge!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I'm serious Mark.

You do that, I'm flying over for a Saturday night and get drunk with ya.

fuck it I got annual leaves for dayz! i'll go nuts over that song!

I'll sms you 3 tracks before I play it!

• I need to hear the Yilmaz Saniel LP and your FIRST EVER GERMAN HIP HOP 12", please.
    what do you mean exactly.....

roskowner

• and another question....... anybody knows about this japanese ebay guy called (he bid on the paul gonsalves):

hip _elegy

he wrote me this, but i can??t get it..... maybe my english is too bad... but i have no idea (of course withdrawing the bid I understand.... but why, what is the reason..... what are the circumstances.... and I think taht i can??t withdraw the bid, it??s up to him....):

"Hi,I made a bid for the item, but I cannot win the bid due to the circumstance,
    so please withdraw my bid.Thanks. "

anybody has an idea or some infos.....

and be careful.... strange guy with horror english

cheers.... roskow

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    and another question....... anybody knows about this japanese ebay guy called (he bid on the paul gonsalves):

hip _elegy

he wrote me this, but i can??t get it..... maybe my english is too bad... but i have no idea (of course withdrawing the bid I understand.... but why, what is the reason..... what are the circumstances.... and I think taht i can??t withdraw the bid, it??s up to him....):

"Hi,I made a bid for the item, but I cannot win the bid due to the circumstance,
    so please withdraw my bid.Thanks. "

anybody has an idea or some infos.....

and be careful.... strange guy with horror english

cheers.... roskow

haha - these japanese collecotors. i heard the name hip_elegy before, he also bid on some very expensive originals, blue notes if i remember right.
    maybe he spend his last yen on those records and now he`s not able to buy the paul gonsalves anymore. bidders unable to pay - seems to happen often these days.
    good luck with the auctions, roskow. if i had some more money these days i`d definalty get some of the heat u offer.
    cheers from stuttgart`s pulver records camp :-)

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Can I ask you in which interview was it mentioned that Marc Moulin was playing on the "Jazz Goes Swinging" on Europa LP?

I think it would have been more collectable if it was stated who played on it.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

cosign!

I only know the version by Norman Connors off his Invitation album. I like that song so much. Didn't know it was written by Renee Geyer. Wonder what the original sounds like.

• Can I ask you in which interview was it mentioned that Marc Moulin was playing on the "Jazz Goes Swinging" on Europa LP?

he mentioned it when he was doing interview for his new lp??s maybe 2 - 3 years ago..... but there are no information about the others on this record or to find out anywhere

but how it sounds like, and also the composition ... it must be very good combo with the who is who of the european jazz scene from the 60??s

roskow

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Can I ask you in which interview was it mentioned that Marc Moulin was playing on the "Jazz Goes Swinging" on Europa LP?

he mentioned it when he was doing interview for his new lp??s maybe 2 - 3 years ago..... but there are no information about the others on this record or to find out anywhere

but how it sounds like, and also the composition ... it must be very good combo with the who is who of the european jazz scene from the 60??s

roskow

I always hear that Sahib Shihab was in the band as well. Could very well be true ofcourse but there's nothing to prove it.

• it??s not always the expensive stuff that rules...

BAN!!!

BAN!!!

and it??s not always the heavy dudes who pay

Greetings to Claas

BAN!!!

and it??s not always the heavy dudes who pay

Greetings to Claas

cheers..... will see claas today in the studio..... just working with him on a spiritual modal vocal jazz track

lots of puffin.....

later.... roskow

• renee geyer "be there in the morning"

cosign!

I only know the version by Norman Connors off his Invitation album. I like that song so much. Didn't know it was written by Renee Geyer. Wonder what the original sounds like.

If I'm not mistaken, I heard 2 different versions of Renee Geyer - Be There In The Morning. One was slightly faster, and the other started off a bit funkier and had an ARP String Ensemble in it. The latter is the one I'm looking for.