Grown & Sexy Summertime Mixes

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I recently completed two mixes that I've been meaning to finish since the spring. Part 2 contains midtempo funkyness from 114-122 bpm, while Part 1 has downtempo stuff from 94-100 bpm.Grown & Sexy Part 2http://download.yousendit.com/56DBA99F6C52388E01 Recloose - Dust (Submariner Mix)02 Cymande - Brothers On The Slide (Ruffy Tuffy Mix)03 Nicole Willis - Feelin Free04 Casbah 77 - Still Goin On05 Ben Westbeech - So Good Today06 Quantic & Nickodemus - Puerto Rico Pa Gozar07 Missy Elliott - Pass That Dutch (The P.T.A. Remix)08 All Good Funk Alliance - Swing The South09 Beatfanatic - Music10 Nightmares on Wax - African Pirates (Troubleman Remix)Grown & Sexy Part 1http://download.yousendit.com/6399A7B6687BAB2611 Amerie - Love's Off The Chain (Mr. K Edit)12 John Legend - Used To Love U (Yam Who Remix)13 Cal Tjader - Cubano Chant (DJ Grinch Remix)14 D'Angelo - Left & Right ft. Redman & Methodman (Red Astaire Remix)15 Nickodemus - Cleopatra's Bonus Beats16 Quantic & Nickodemus - Mi Swing Es Tropical17 Max Sedgley - Happy (Spiritual South Go Happy In Rio Mix)

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    looks like a funky mix judging from the tracklist.
    ever played out that spiritual south remix of "happy"?
    man people went fucking nuts each time i dropped it.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    looks like a funky mix judging from the tracklist.
    ever played out that spiritual south remix of "happy"?
    man people went fucking nuts each time i dropped it.

Yeah... that song is bananas! I was playing a cd release for my friend and I was going to make that my last song before the other dj got on. I told him it would be hard for him to mix out of, suggesting that he should just let it ride out. He's a tool and was like, naw, i can do it and proceeded to mix in some crunk bullshit. I was fuming.
    When that track came out I was spending the summer in Paris and it was sort of an anthem there... the guy at the record store I frequented played it all the time on their system.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Nice mix man, I dig it, especially the second part.

• Nice mix man, I dig it, especially the second part.