I BE ON THAT JOE BATAAN SOUL SCHITT TODAY

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
all up in the whip, windows down, 80 degrees, volume on BLASTunwed motherunder the street lampi'll be sweeter tomorrowmore lovejohnnyyoung gifted and browni'm satisfiedyou're driving me right out of my mindordinary guywhat good is a castlelatin strutaftershower funkwoman don't want to love methe bottlewhen you're downWOOOOOOOOOOOO!you can't fuck with me

Comments

• its mary jane girls weather in LA today.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Bataan is the man... straight from grandpa's crates!

Fania Label? I love that label...

• all up in the whip, windows down, 80 degrees, volume on BLAST

unwed mother
    under the street lamp
    i'll be sweeter tomorrow
    more love
    johnny
    young gifted and brown
    i'm satisfied
    you're driving me right out of my mind
    ordinary guy
    what good is a castle
    latin strut
    aftershower funk
    woman don't want to love me
    the bottle
    when you're down

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

you can't fuck with me

This is my shit!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

all up in the whip, windows down, 80 degrees, volume on BLAST

unwed mother
    under the street lamp
    i'll be sweeter tomorrow
    more love
    johnny
    young gifted and brown
    i'm satisfied
    you're driving me right out of my mind
    ordinary guy
    what good is a castle
    latin strut
    aftershower funk
    woman don't want to love me
    the bottle
    when you're down

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

you can't fuck with me

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    btw, can anybody hook a brown brotha up w/ a good mpfree of "you're driving me right out of my mind"? mine gots the hiccups

wow...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Which records do you guys recommend the most? I got "sings..." and "Salsoul". Never heard the other ones.

• on a rainy sunday morning in nineteen forty two
    a mother was blessed
    with a son who grew up to
    be young gifted and brown
    with the strength to tear a mountain down

there's a mistake in the discography that's been linked to. the album from 1967 is just a reprint of mr new york and the east side kids that came out much later

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i been listening to gypsy women all afternoon, and listeing the the sweet soul lp almost all yesturday and thrusday.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Which records do you guys recommend the most? I got "sings..." and "Salsoul". Never heard the other ones.

honestly, his discography is on point through afrofilipino. i been feeling his older shit more so as of late but i been more in a boogaloo mood lately.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    i'm no expert on boogaloo or latin soul or nunna that schitt, but i'm-a tell you- that Call My Name lp from 2005 sounds good as HELL to my ears. i thought at first maybe they unearthed some old unreleased stuff, but the schitt was NEW and pretty damn great IMO.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    i'm no expert on boogaloo or latin soul or nunna that schitt, but i'm-a tell you- that Call My Name lp from 2005 sounds good as HELL to my ears. i thought at first maybe they unearthed some old unreleased stuff, but the schitt was NEW and pretty damn great IMO.

agree, only evidence I have is this: schitt

agree, only evidence I have is this: schitt

Dont click that "highsteppin' Records" white girl butt image... my Norton is telling me there is a trojan horse virus under there somewhere... maybe its only on 9th Wonder's page but I got a message that a unfixable virus was detected...

...but i'm-a tell you- that Call My Name lp from 2005 sounds good as HELL to my ears...

Braek Alert!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    wow...

That discography actually has some errors. I was supposed to help fix it for them but never got around to it (and in any case, I wouldn't be the most qualified person since I don't even own his entire discography yet).

Just off the bat - that first album is actually a CD comp. His first album was "Gypsy Woman." Also, I'm pretty sure a few of the dates are off - "Salsoul" was 1972 if I'm not mistaken.