random dj story #4,567,890 (requests related)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
My friend asked if I would dj along with 3 other guys at a club for her birthday. When I get started this guy is hovering over me, coming back to the table every song. He says something like "what kind of music are you guys going to be playing?" Me and one of the other guys say "well, there is 4 of us, so it will be a mix of hip hop, danceable stuff, some 80s, stuff like that." I'm trying to mix, so I stop listening to him and he says something like "see I'm trying to decide if I should stay here or go to another club." He continues to hover for awhile and comes back and says "I don't mean to bother you, but if you could play an 80s song I would totally love it. See, I was supposed to go to this other club an hour ago, but if you play some 80's I'll stay." I tell him that most of the 80s stuff I brought is more upbeat and that I'll get them, just to let me work my way up there and I'll play some for him. That's no good. Finally I just say "what do you want to hear?" He names off some stuff and finally says Eurythmics Sweet Dreams. I tell him I have it and I end up just stopping my set and playing it so he'll leave me alone. I put it on and he dances full force, by himself. Then, drunk blonde girl. "Can you play Rihanna Umbrella?" I say "sorry I didn't bring that." I wasn't using microwave, just records. She gives me the and adds a dissaproving head shake. Then she says "well, do you have any Journey?"As I am packing up my records, no longer djing, two girls say "what you're playing is cool and all, but can you play some, like, hip hop that we can dance to, you know, like Kris Brown or 112." I say "i'm not even djing anymore, this guy is." About 2 minutes later the same girl is in front of a fan in the club, dancing as if she's in a photoshoot, wind storm style. Hair blowing and she's teasing it. She was so serious about it. I don't know how you guys do this on the regular. I had the dance floor moving, it was packed with happy people, and the b-day girls were loving it, but these grumpy turds think you're a jukebox and don't realize everyone else is having fun.

Comments

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    I once played a semester ending thing at my university and a guy who supposedly was a male stripper on the side was dancing by himself in the corner and checkin out his moves in a mirror.

haha, i had the same thing except it was the photographer.