Attention: Rootlesscosmo

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
You have now been relieved of the embarassment of being Cappadonna's biggest fan:(Nice!) My favorite moment: Cappadonna has missed two flights, and Weisberg and his associates try to figure out how they'll deal. They book him on a later flight, but it doesn't look like Cappa will be able to make it out for more than the last few minutes of the show. Weisberg figures out that he'll get Cappa out about a half-hour earlier if he hires a helicopter to fly Cappa from the airport to the show. Someone asks Weisberg if it's worth a couple thousand dollars to him to give Cappa a few more minutes onstage. Weisberg pauses, thinks for a second, and says, "Yeah."[/b] I guess you can't really promote a Wu-Tang show unless you're a big enough fan to make insane decisions like that one.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    You have now been relieved of the embarassment of being Cappadonna's biggest fan:(Nice!)

My favorite moment: Cappadonna has missed two flights, and Weisberg and his associates try to figure out how they'll deal. They book him on a later flight, but it doesn't look like Cappa will be able to make it out for more than the last few minutes of the show. Weisberg figures out that he'll get Cappa out about a half-hour earlier if he hires a helicopter to fly Cappa from the airport to the show. Someone asks Weisberg if it's worth a couple thousand dollars to him to give Cappa a few more minutes onstage. Weisberg pauses, thinks for a second, and says, "Yeah."[/b] I guess you can't really promote a Wu-Tang show unless you're a big enough fan to make insane decisions like that one.

I can't lie. I liked this movie. In fact, I had a whole post ginned up about it that got deleted and then I said fuck it.

The funniest Cappa-related moment? When dude flew himself out to Cali for the last 10 minutes of the reunion show!

and as much of a tool as this Weisberg character appears to be at the beginning of the movie, you (or at least I) find yourself rooting for himby the end. he pulled off a pretty amazing little show (albeit one that I would never, ever have wanted to attend personally).

and the ODB-related aspects of the film are especially poignant.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    LMAO:

Eyedea and Abilities are terrible! There's a scene of Abilities doing an endless wah-wah-pedal turntable-solo while the stage manager fumes impatiently on the side of the stage; I have to imagine I'd feel the same way if I was in the audience. And Sage Francis: hoo boy. We get to see this chump running around onstage in his underwear, wrapping himself in a stage-prop flag while the audience throws shit at him and you just know he thinks he's Darby Crash. Good fucking god indie-rap sucks.

LMAO:

Eyedea and Abilities are terrible! There's a scene of Abilities doing an endless wah-wah-pedal turntable-solo while the stage manager fumes impatiently on the side of the stage; I have to imagine I'd feel the same way if I was in the audience. And Sage Francis: hoo boy. We get to see this chump running around onstage in his underwear, wrapping himself in a stage-prop flag while the audience throws shit at him and you just know he thinks he's Darby Crash. Good fucking god indie-rap sucks.

^^^^ funniest part of the movie by far.

not sure why those dudes signed off on those scenes to be included in the movie. they come off as collossal tools.

edit: just the Eyedea and Abilities part.

(the S Francis parts are actually funny too but dude clowns him self self-conciously as opposed to the other guys who have no clue they are getting sonned.)

BTW the Rub folls have gotten a Cappadonna-luv pass for far too long!

Cappadonna killed it with those long breathless verses from Winter Wars and Daytona 500. When he's 48 bars in and still going the crowd just loses it. [/b]