hardwood vs carpet

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
my son is starting to try to shuffle around. i'm wondering what's better? carpet is soft, but harder to clean. hardwood is easier to clean--especially staining liquids. we've tried putting carpets on the hardwood, but it's gets too slippery. i've also noticed that some people have carpet upstairs and hardwood downstairs. i'm not one to go back and fourth, but remain open minded.dads?(are there any moms up in here?)

Comments

• you can't just put rugs or carpets down on hardware floors without putting rubber mats underneath them. prevents the rugs from slipping out from under you.

i'd say hardwood kids are tough. carpets i think can help children develop allergies (no scientific proof that I know of just my belief). hardwood is easyier to clean and doesn't mask the dust you can't see. plus hardwood is better for resale value.

• I don't have any kids, but I do know FYI, that acoustically speaking hardwood is the choice, Although carpet is absorbent to some high and mid frequencies, the sound of the wood is desired beacause of it's natural sound, and the resonant frequencies of most woods are pleasing to the human ear...Rugs with rubber backing can be sprayed with hairspray to avoid having them sliding around the floor..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    hardwood

keepin that shit polished is a bitch.

• wood scratches,carpet stains!one to grow on.My carpet has stains just from my friends spilling drinks!

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    my son is starting to try to shuffle around. i'm wondering what's better?

carpet is soft, but harder to clean. hardwood is easier to clean--especially staining liquids. we've tried putting carpets on the hardwood, but it's gets too slippery. i've also noticed that some people have carpet upstairs and hardwood downstairs. i'm not one to go back and fourth, but remain open minded.

dads?

(are there any moms up in here?)

The real question is whether carpet or hardwood makes you seem more "faggotty." Why don't you take your free-jazz loving, homo-hating, online aggression elsewhere. You hurt a lot of strutters on that last post and you still defend it cause your too cool to be PC. Then you just want to pretend all that other drama didn't happen. Let's take this opportunity to talk about my home improvement issues. Look at me, I'm a dad. You're like Jekyll and Hyde, man. I understand you're game too. I know it very well. You've got that deep psychology knowledge, so you think you can just fuck people up in these online forums like you're the internet Bruce Lee. But you're not Bruce Lee, you're not even Chuck Norris. You're Judd Nelson in New Jack City. Fuck that. You're Judd Nelson in the Breakfast Club. Ahab, where's my doubage?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You should be ashamed of yourself for asking this question.

I can't imagine voluntarily living in a home with carpet.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    you can put down carpet to protect the rugrat and the floor, and then rip it up when he's older.

• I have hardwood and I find that most scratches can be fixed with sandpaper and polyurethane. A stained carpet, however...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Pfft, you sound incredibly poor. Single story dwellers should not be commenting here. It's all about the first floor hardwoods that transition into the soft, inviting tranquility that is carpeted second floor master suite living. Da$$$$$ you need to get your duplex game in order.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Hardwood all the way

We have hardwoord downstairs and carpet upstairs, but I like hardwood better. It is easier to keep clean and I think it looks nicer. Get some throw rugs for rooms that the little dude will be playing in, but for gods sake don't get carpet installed. Your floors are in good shape. The only reason I like having carpet upstairs is that is cuts down on noise downstairs, but other then that it sucks.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    are we talking about dashboards?

Pfft, you sound incredibly poor. Single story dwellers should not be commenting here. It's all about the first floor hardwoods that transition into the soft, inviting tranquility that is carpeted second floor master suite living. Da$$$$$ you need to get your duplex game in order.

I stopped reading your post as soon as I realized none of it applied to the lifestyle of those of us that reside in the penthouse.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

greatbluehills thinks this is about genitals. fucking dirtbag.

back to the nature at hand...

EAZY

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

yes, his son is shuffling around on his dashboard.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I stopped reading your post as soon as I realized none of it applied to the lifestyle of those of us that reside in the penthouse.

^^^^^single story penthouse = POOR STRAIGHT WHITE GENTRIFIER TRASH

GO BACK TO BUCKHEAD

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

My lawyers are asking for photo evidence of your penthouse lifestyle. Seems that other strutters have been fronting on their expense reports. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

b/w

Single story penthouse game is so 1985.

• Hardwood is the choice but it's got to be finished properly. You can use a (temporary) new carpet for the baby but if the wood is done right, you don't need to add carpet protection. That's like adding knee pads to the dude. There is also the problem of "carpet burn". Note: carpet can cause allergic reactions as it did for my big sister and there is some protocol to take on with what's under the carpet. It can nurture a potential spawning of living species. This is typical of exposed or damaged wood or in some asian countries, tatami. I also know of a few folks that covered their situation underneath with new carpeting and had some crazy elderly box bug outbreak in the season when they hatch eggs. *Serious Helstrom Chronicles* If it were up to me as a child, I'd like my room floored with that crazy bounce-ground you get at playgrounds. It may be a good material for sound, too. As a parent, I'd go with the nice hardwood floors treatment.

If it were up to me as a child, I'd like my room floored with that crazy bounce-ground you get at playgrounds.
    It may be a good material for sound, too. As a parent, I'd go with the nice hardwood floors treatment.

Theres got to be an indoor childsafe version.

• please to build my house.

please to build my house.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Since I've never seen your picture and have always assumed you were the guy in your avatar, I assume you're against toupee's too.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Since I've never seen your picture and have always assumed you were the guy in your avatar, I assume you're against toupee's too.

hes against carpets and "rugs"

My lawyers are asking for photo evidence of your penthouse lifestyle. Seems that other strutters have been fronting on their expense reports. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

b/w

What's that?

I don't understand the language of people with low ceilings.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

b/w

What's that?

I don't understand the language of people with low ceilings.

Let me just say again for the record, "You sound incredibly poor."