I think we need to dead "pasue"

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Man, it's something that's been on my mind for while/been making me feel real suspect when I say it and after reading Fatback's and Rashied's bullshit in the "drinks" thread it just made me really realize how that shit is not that different the plethora of the bad looks expressed. I apologize for my antics in the past.So yeah moderateurs, if you guys can dead the "pause" graemlin that would be cool. If not, whatever some people see things differently on this board.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    DONT BE A PANSY

• You willin' to dead it offline, too? 'Cause that'd be an even better look.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    what's the origin of this one and why's it offensive?

if we get rid of pasue, what's next... ?
    i don't know if i would want to risk losing that.

• You willin' to dead it offline, too? 'Cause that'd be an even better look.

Did you say "meet me in the mirror" when you said that?

f'realls, yeah I am.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'll second that. Definately a bad look up there with calling "no homo" on people.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I feel AYO is getting badly neglected these days. Is it to do with the state of the Strut?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah, I mean it's funny but a lot of the stuff it's used with has nothing to do with homosexuality, and instead has to do with sex in general. It's essentially a way of constantly reaffirming "I'm not gay". It doesn't offend me personally, but I know a lot of people who think it's wack. Def not on the same level of "that's gay" or calling someone "fag", but still. One of those things that's better said among friends who know each other than out in the open, whether online or real world.

• Options
    no homo is funny, not because it makes fun of gay people, but because it can add homo connotations to things that obviously have nothing to do with gay shit.

for instance when someone asked what sample was for public enemy number 1 and i said blow your head, pause. this is where the real humor lies. no gay bashing involved.

hopefully im not off base in writing this and you guys were talking about at least something similar to what im pointing out.

BAN.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Let's dead all graemlins. It'll be like one big Iraq Report Thread. Really Intellectual and shit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Can we dead "whiteboy-bashing" first?

(I'll just bypass the pasue on that one for now.)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can we dead "whiteboy-bashing" first?

(I'll just bypass the pasue on that one for now.)

I didn't realize white boys were feeling overly victimized.

:5pager:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It's white-on-white crime more often than not.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

It's white-on-white crime more often than not.

Speaking of WHITE ON WHITE CRIME, check out my man's new video. Shit is dope.

The Jai-Alai Savant "White On White Crime"

• Nice catchy pop tune, but the video was really off the hook! By the way, it will be nice to see you again next week in Finland! Expect some after-party wilding outdoors. Thing will be happening!

Oh, and I agree with Most. Homophobia has been such a bad look for the Strut for ages.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Let's dead all graemlins.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Actually, I abhor the blatant misuse of graemlins, but I love when they're employed in clever and surprising ways.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

It's like some Pasue-mobile

• It's like some Pasue-mobile

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• what does pause/pasue mean then? is it discriminatory?

i watched the video and i still think it's nothing bad (actually it's very funny. is that spike lee?). is it some deeply rooted american thing? like all of these white-boy issues? i would also like to know what the white/black thing means.

one more thing:
    why can people in europe say 'black music'?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    no homo is funny, not because it makes fun of gay people, but because it can add homo connotations to things that obviously have nothing to do with gay shit.

yeah, while it can be funny, it can also show a feeling of insecurity in one's manhood.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    everyone smoke a blunt and chill get laid.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    this thread is much more effective than your honkey whiteboy version of the other thread.

but you know what? you should become a moderator. then you can start your little man's FCC for the bored. that's so exciting.

• Man, it's something that's been on my mind for while/been making me feel real suspect when I say it and after reading Fatback's and Rashied's bullshit in the "drinks" thread it just made me really realize how that shit is not that different the plethora of the bad looks expressed. I apologize for my antics in the past.

So yeah moderateurs, if you guys can dead the "pause" graemlin that would be cool. If not, whatever some people see things differently on this board.

yet you still ask if people are "asshurt" in other threads.

i think the downside of pasue/nohomo/ayo is that it lightheartedly demonizes anything gay related, and has the effect of making teens (especially) very cautious to speak about anything that might elicit a PAUSE.

but i still think its funny

one exchange this summer with youthworkers:
    me:yall can use these lockers if you want. bring your own lock. just dont put explosives,illegal anything, or any household pets in there.
    george: im gonna put my snake in there
    kid #2: keep your snake in your pants
    george: naw man thats not what i mean...i got a python
    everyone: AYO!

• what does pause/pasue mean then? is it discriminatory?

i watched the video and i still think it's nothing bad (actually it's very funny. is that spike lee?). is it some deeply rooted american thing? like all of these white-boy issues? i would also like to know what the white/black thing means.

one more thing:
    why can people in europe say 'black music'?

As a non-american/not-used-to-soulstrut-private-joke, I'm completely out of this thread and don't understand 90% of what it's all about, especialy the gay reference with pause, AYO etc.. etc..

• The blending of PC attitudes and "I'm gonna test every motherfucker ever" attitudes on SoulStrut is just so delicious.

Where has the laughter gone?

• Where has the laughter gone?
    up your ass

up your ass

SAY IT AIN'T SO PROP JOE

up your ass

SAY IT AIN'T SO PROP JOE

lol
    i dont recall prop joe ever laughing

i searched in vain on youtube for his classic phonecall with the voice switcheroo

• i searched in vain on youtube for his classic phonecall with the voice switcheroo

Oh shit I forgot about that. The many faces of Prop Joe.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    What about?: