Cosmo Baker "Still Good"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
This mix is the sequel to my early summer mix "Feeling Good." In that mix I tried to capture, using songs that I love and that have a very special meaning to me, a certain feeling that I equate with the beginning of summer. There's a certain energy and electricity that is about during the first few weeks of the season, when everything seems alive and in it's right place.For this mix I wanted to try and capture the stillness of summer, when the air is hot and the days are long, and time seems to be moving at a slower pace than normal. This is a companion piece to "Feeling Good" but it takes a different direction and deals with another type of - but no less intense - energy.Enjoy!Cosmo Baker "Feeling Good"[/b]Catherine Howe "Up North"Tarika Blue "Dreamflower"Archie Whitewater "Cross Country"Lani Hall "Love Song"Joe Sample "In All My Wildest Dreams"Taj Mahal "Corinna"Minnie Riperton "Les Fleur"Batteaux "Maybe I'll Run Away"The Main Ingredient "Summer Breeze"Quincy Jones "Summer In The City"Cris Williamson "Shine On Straight Arrow" Steve Davis "Lalune Blanche"David Crosby "Music Is Love"Shuggie Otis "Island Letter"Sly & The Family Stone "(You Caught Me) Smilin'"Larry T. & The Family "Where Does The Answer Lie?"Archie Whitewater "Home Again"Stevie Wonder "I Gotta Have A Song"The Albert "One Life"Odyssey "Battened Ships"Linda Lewis "Old Smokey"Milton Wright "Friends And Buddies"Nina Simone "Feeling Good"

Comments

• looks thorough, c.
    thats where im at. listened to lalune blanche the other day

• You know you are in the new issue of HHC (colour picture)!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I know. You can't find HHC anywhere stateside.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    that tracklist looks damn near perfect. can't wait to check this.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

• Soooooo nice, if only my house temp was as cool as this mix. Well done

• Seriously though, thanks man...I was really enjoying the first mix, this one looks equally as lovely...I can't wait to peep it!

• thanks cosmo - only another 4 months until summer here in the southern hemisphere

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts

When it comes to rare groove mixes 2 out of 3 times I tend to choose a Cosmo Baker mix.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    As per the last one, Cos, there are some beauties on here. Props for "Old Smokey", a favourite summer tune of mine. The lyrics are pretty deep on that one, too.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is great

• Still very good!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    ideal for this grey summers day.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    This is a beautiful mix. Many thanks.

• paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
    so nice man!
    that lalune track is making my day,
    is the rest of the LP quite as good?

• Options
    This mix is the sequel to my early summer mix "Feeling Good." In that mix I tried to capture, using songs that I love and that have a very special meaning to me, a certain feeling that I equate with the beginning of summer. There's a certain energy and electricity that is about during the first few weeks of the season, when everything seems alive and in it's right place.

For this mix I wanted to try and capture the stillness of summer, when the air is hot and the days are long, and time seems to be moving at a slower pace than normal. This is a companion piece to "Feeling Good" but it takes a different direction and deals with another type of - but no less intense - energy.

Thanks for this mix Cos, I'm looking forward to hearing it. I've seen you post before about how Fall is your favorite season, you got something planned for that time of year?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Fantastic.

This has got 'Joel has Tuesday off and is gonna be in the car a lot' written all over it. Great mix Cosmo, thank you.

• Thanks cosmo!!!! I'm home recovering from a bad bout of flu and this is just what's needed.

PS: 650+ downloads and no more appreciation?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    good looks bro
    money in the bank

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Tops! Thanks, Cos!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    so nice man!
    that lalune track is making my day,
    is the rest of the LP quite as good?

No. Unless you're into gang starr loops.

Thanks for the mix!

• skattaskatta 48 Posts
    Really feeling this mix. Thanks!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Many thanks for sharing it, Cosmo B.
    This mix is smooth!

Peace

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    humid and thorough...thanks.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    thanks for this, peace!

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Oh my God do I love the "Feeling Good" mix. Isn't Harvey Mason such a good look, always? I love all the selections, the mixing, the cover, everything. A public service man. Downloading the other joint now. Seriously this is like jerk chicken and tomato salad. This goes back to back with Paul Nice's Soul on the Grill. And I love that Naughty by Nature sampled Benny Golson. See I didn't know that cause I'm a little dude with raers on my ipod.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Thank you very much!

- J

• looks good..

and nice avatar, Day.

• PS: 650+ downloads and no more appreciation?

I was just thinking...being a little dude and all (192 posts and counting)...I've dl'ed two of Cosmo's mixes and just like to say they are

It's a fun place to loom but you guys also have a wealth of info on vinyl and music in general.

I digress, Thanks for the treats!!!

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    those are the two best tracks on that archie waterwater album.