DONT "Take That Schitt To THE-BREAKS.com"

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
As far as being a sample resource that place is straight The last 10-20 searches I've done (spread over the last year or so) have yielded fuck all, and I'm not talking raers here either.I've had better luck using freakin' Google for gods sake.Is there an alternative to this site, for when I need those BREAKZ?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    As far as being a sample resource that place is straight

The last 10-20 searches I've done (spread over the last year or so) have yielded fuck all, and I'm not talking raers here either.

I've had better luck using freakin' Google for gods sake.

Is there an alternative to this site, for when I need those BREAKZ?

I've noticed that nowadays it tends to focus on samples sources for either comparatively low-level indie stuff or local-to-its-contributors material. It seems to reflect the taste of its user base fairly closely, and whether that's a good or bad thing is for others to decide. I certainly don't find it as useful a resource as I once did.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    its all about "John the DJ"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The last 10-20 searches I've done (spread over the last year or so) have yielded fuck all, and I'm not talking raers here either.

I've noticed that nowadays it tends to focus on samples sources for either comparatively low-level indie stuff or local-to-its-contributors material. It seems to reflect the taste of its user base fairly closely, and whether that's a good or bad thing is for others to decide. I certainly don't find it as useful a resource as I once did.

Mad Madlib heaterz revealed, though!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I hate to ask. But sometimes you just HAVE to know.
    And yeah, the-breaks.com is not only wrong a lot of the time they also have glaring omissions.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My God.

What kind of a future are we leaving for our children... and our childrens children?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    My God.

What kind of a future are we leaving for our children... and our childrens children?

Related question: how will my children feel good about themselves in a world devoid of "samples, yo" dudes--they've got to have somebody to look down upon.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    My God.

At least they'll have Spermidermy.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    My God.

Related question: how will my children feel good about themselves in a world devoid of "samples, yo" dudes--they've got to have somebody to look down upon.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My God.

NOOOOOO!!!!

• As far as being a sample resource that place is straight

I believe there's good reason if icon producers kindly ask the-breaks to delete certain entries.. Ive been wondering about this for a long too if this could be the case. Alot of common breaks/samples just don't show.
    Or they have a bad search-function...

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

i'd believe this. i've done searches on there and found what i was looking for and other times it brings up something completely different from what i entered.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

are you searching the faq itself or the faq additions forum? the additions forum has more up to date BREAKZZ than the faq.

as for alternatives, check out the akai forums. people are generally helpful...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

i'd believe this. i've done searches on there and found what i was looking for and other times it brings up something completely different from what i entered.

You have to pay very close attention to how it works... and the OG artists have to be done last name, first name from what I recall...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The FAQ was always a labor of those who wanted to put in the time to craft it. It's only as good as its contributors and it's really never purported to be any better than that.

• Seriously. It's a user submission site. Contribute and make it a better one.

Also, the forums are MUCH more up to date.