Instrumental Version of Pet Sounds

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I uploaded this for a friend and thought I'd share while the url is active. PETSTRUMENTALShttp://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUczRkJlZDVQb0kwTVE9PQ(IT'S BIG)

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I uploaded this for a friend and thought I'd share while the url is active.

PETSTRUMENTALS
    http://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUczRkJlZDVQb0kwTVE9PQ
    (IT'S BIG)

"The person who sent you this file has exceeded their download limit"

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Are these the "Stack-O-Tracks" from the Pet Sounds Sessions box set, or something different?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

PETSTRUMENTALS
    (IT'S BIG)

Is that because only a limited number of downloads are allowed unless I pay them?

Sorry.

I don't even know how many that is?

Are these the "Stack-O-Tracks" from the Pet Sounds Sessions box set, or something different?

The Pet Sounds Box had session outtakes, acapellas and the stereo backing.

They are different from what appeared on Stack-O-Tracks. Those were clean edited versions. The Pet Sounds Box versions were Stereo backing tracks that included some studio banter. Usually a count off or Brian coming in "OK, That's enough".

When I first got my Microwave, I made a blended version that also included some of the PS era instrumentals from the "Woody" boxed set (e.g., Surf's Up, Cabinessence, Trombone Dixie, etc.). I had to reorder the tracks to get decent blends and it still sounded funny to me. I guess I'm stuck on the OG ordering and the spaces between tracks are effective.

I like to share this version with people who can't get past the vocals to appreciate the production.

• Can someone please please please re-up this? Thanks in advance.

PETSTRUMENTALS
    (IT'S BIG)

Is that because only a limited number of downloads are allowed unless I pay them?

Sorry.

I don't even know how many that is?

On the free account, the link is active for 7 days or 100 downloads; whichever is reached first, I guess.

Any chance of throwing it up on Zshare, Divshare or something like that whenever you have the time? I don't think they have download limits.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Z-Share, Divshare, Sendspace, Megaupload - any of these would be a good alternative.

Please repost. This is too fresh not to.

Yes. Working on it.

(I must have got over 100 already, becuase I put up the url this AM.)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Never underestimate the power of lurkers to kill links, Frank.

Yes. Working on it.

Thanks, man.

• Yes. Working on it.

Thanks for posting this.
    I got you on the re-up:

DivShare File - Petstrumentals.zip

Yes. Working on it.

Thanks for posting this.
    I got you on the re-up:

THANKS!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thanks ToccuDomo

• THANKS!

Yes. Working on it.

Thanks for posting this.
    I got you on the re-up:

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Ta very much!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

They are different from what appeared on Stack-O-Tracks. Those were clean edited versions. The Pet Sounds Box versions were Stereo backing tracks that included some studio banter. Usually a count off or Brian coming in "OK, That's enough".

Well, Stacks-O-Tracks is Beach Boys fan slang for the instrumentals, I wasn't saying that these were from the Stacks-O-Tracks[/b] album, I was just curious about where these were sourced, since you weren't quite clear on where they were from.

I have the Pet Sounds Sessions[/b] box and wanted to know if your files were any different from the box. I know there's a series of Unsurpassed Masters[/b] box sets too which are amazing.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Thanks!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

Well, Stacks-O-Tracks is Beach Boys fan slang for the instrumentals, I wasn't saying that these were from the Stacks-O-Tracks[/b] album, I was just curious about where these were sourced, since you weren't quite clear on where they were from.

I have the Pet Sounds Sessions[/b] box and wanted to know if your files were any different from the box. I know there's a series of Unsurpassed Masters[/b] box sets too which are amazing.

i think fatback pre-answered your question...

the Pet Sounds Box had session outtakes, acapellas and the stereo backing.

When I first got my Microwave, I made a blended version that also included some of the PS era instrumentals from the "Woody" boxed set (e.g., Surf's Up, Cabinessence, Trombone Dixie, etc.). I had to reorder the tracks to get decent blends and it still sounded funny to me. I guess I'm stuck on the OG ordering and the spaces between tracks are effective.

I like to share this version with people who can't get past the vocals to appreciate the production.

...although im still not 100% clear on the source for these. Am i right in assuming this is blended together edits from: the green box set, the woody box set, and.... where else? thats what im confused on. is there an add'l source thats unique and not on anything released? or are the edits unique because theres no such versions?

but thank you for sharing!!!!