MILTON NASCIMENTO CLUBE DA ESQUINA = UNFUKWITABLE

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Finally got an OG 2nd pressing from Brazil (Whatup Moogman!)Schitt is destroying my Sunday afternoon on so many levels. Ulti-shred. Love it. I will ride for this. MILTON.Does anyone have a nice CD of this to break off or sell me? No, no MP3 I'm talking about INSERTSTHANK YOU.

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I just got around to listening to the copy I picked up a year ago, great LP, how do I tell which pressing I have?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Later pressings on Odeon have the little 1982 in the bottom left corner on the back.
    The vinyl feels a bit flimsy.

I have a second pressing on Odeon with yellow/orange labels. Nicer vinyl, insert with lyrics I think?

I am not sure what color the first pressing has. Paging South American headz....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DO A 180 GRAM PRESSING REISSUE OF THIS AND BE DONE WITH IT?

THANKS.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Later pressings on Odeon have the little 1982 in the bottom left corner on the back.

I have a second pressing on Odeon with yellow/orange labels. Nicer vinyl, insert with lyrics I think?

I am not sure what color the first pressing has. Paging South American headz....

I think OG has white label with that star (?) in blue.
    Never saw it, though.
    Something like this:

Peace

Never saw it, though.
    Something like this:

Peace

^^^ IF YOU FIND THIS
    I WILL PAY

YOU KNOW E****

CHEERS,
    ~LATENCY

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

yep, something like this, I think:

I copped mint second pressing in Uruguay (slightly off-centered, plays fine, thank you).

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm still looking for the names of the boys on the cover. I'm on a mission.

D I E

If you see og press, I will pay

D I E

If you see og press, I will pay

Mark

I'm still in the hunt of it.
    You'll hear of me if I ever find it.

Peace

yep, something like this, I think:

I copped mint second pressing in Uruguay (slightly off-centered, plays fine, thank you).

Thanks, JLo.

That's the one.
    If I ever meet Milton or Lo I'll ask them
    who are those boys.

Peace

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Arthur Verocai and Clube Da Esquina are at the top of my brazilian list. Likely at the top of any list.

Tudo que voce podia ser, Cais, Um girassol da cor de seu cabelo, Trem de doido, Nada sera como antes? Some of the best songs ever recorded, IMO.

Arthur Verocai and Clube Da Esquina are at the top of my brazilian list. Likely at the top of any list.

Tudo que voce podia ser, Cais, Um girassol da cor de seu cabelo, Trem de doido, Nada sera como antes? Some of the best songs ever recorded, IMO.

Clube da Esquina is still easy to find, and for relatively cheap.
    Verocai is another story, though.
    Never saw an OG. I call it a white whale.

Peace

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Clube da Esquina is still easy to find, and for relatively cheap.
    Verocai is another story, though.

Peace

yeah, those records are not in the same level of rarity.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Oh, I own both. I meant at the top of my list of favorites.

Oh, I own both. I meant at the top of my list of favorites.

Lucky you!

Peace

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

OK, just checked, I just have a repress, no 1982 on the cover, slightly flimsy vinyl, light blue label with a diagonal line through the top left part of the label. I'm cool with it though.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Funnily enough I bought a copy of this album for my Dad's birthday about 2 weeks ago. Played it on the day and he seemed to like it as did a number of people who requested copies of it. Beautiful beautiful album.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    if anyone has a copy for trade or sale, please to PM!

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Four or five years ago, a couple years before the Ubiquity reisssue, I was stoned at my friend's apartment in Rio and he put the Verocai record on. I had no idea at all, I thought it was in the same ballpark as the Marcos Valle records we had been listening to.

"Hey, do you have a second copy of this I could take off your hands?"

"Uhhhh... no."

"Do you think they might have a copy down at Tracks in Gavea?"

"Uhhhh... no."