MOTOWN ACAPELLAS

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
my man controller 7 put me on to these recently... old news i'm sure, but i want to make sure i didn't miss any of 'em. there are 18 vols, am i correct?i get a whole new appreciation for these classic tunes hearing them sans music. FLAWLESS vocals, man... just

Comments

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    Track list? I have a huge-ass .rar of a bunch collected together, like 7 hrs worth, but no clue if it's a defined "collection" or volume or anything.

• Track list? I have a huge-ass .rar of a bunch collected together, like 7 hrs worth, but no clue if it's a defined "collection" or volume or anything.

care to share?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The one I upped in real headz way back had 143 tracks in it I believe.

I also dropped the Motown instrumentals/backing tracks which had 144 in it if I remember correctly.

FYI - Salsoul Acapellas

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    care to share?

Absolutely. I'll get 'em up later today.

I think these are taken from a karaoke collection by a company called Singing Machine... they put out their backing tracks and acapellas, except they were able to use the original source material in both cases, instead of a watered-down whatever.

And yes, 18 volumes. They are freaking great.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is this what all those 12" boots are based off of?? I've always been curious about those but never heard, they're actually legit from the sources not filtered out by some kid on his PC?

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a legit collection put together for the karaoke.

• it was all of the motown masters. It was the vocals in one channel and instr in the other. You could just pan them and then have either one.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Acapellas

Instrumentals

I've yet to grab these torrents myself but they look like they're from the same karokee discs...

enjoy

• ^^^^^thanks for this. hopin it's high quality. now I feel foolish for purchasing a couple of the 12's.

• ^^^^^thanks for this. hopin it's high quality. now I feel foolish for purchasing a couple of the 12's.

The 12 inches, while having a bootleg curiosity to them, are actually pretty good. I only have two volumes, but the vinyl is pretty solid and the sound quality is good. I have those michael jackson acapellas from a few years back and they are all phased out fake acapellas and the vinyl is pretty doo doo in the sense that it will jump because the grooves are really thin.

Going along with what Phill said, it gives you a new appreciation for these songs when you just hear the vocals. It puts a new spin on some of them when the backing vocals are gone. A lot of the times the chorus or hook will be gone because those were overdubbed on a seperate track, so it kind of makes it a new song when the famous hook is gone.

Wow I just gave a few of these a listen and I'm pretty amazed. Hearing all the detail and rawness of the vocals is really beautiful. Hearing the harmony of the temptations...man this is nice...

• Acapellas

Instrumentals

I've yet to grab these torrents myself but they look like they're from the same karokee discs...

enjoy

ok...what do i need to do to grab these as torrents. i really dont want to have more internet dl crap on my mac, is is possible to find this via z share ? lo tek in effect...school me.
    thanks

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    ok...what do i need to do to grab these as torrents. i really dont want to have more internet dl crap on my mac, is is possible to find this via z share ? lo tek in effect...school me.
    thanks

download Utorrent. [http://www.utorrent.com/] Then you can DL torrent files from anywhere, drag and drop 'em into Utorrent, and it'll download them in folders for you, tagged and everything. That should see you right.

• ok...what do i need to do to grab these as torrents. i really dont want to have more internet dl crap on my mac, is is possible to find this via z share ? lo tek in effect...school me.
    thanks

download Utorrent. [http://www.utorrent.com/] Then you can DL torrent files from anywhere, drag and drop 'em into Utorrent, and it'll download them in folders for you, tagged and everything. That should see you right.

not to thread jack.. but is this the best torrent thingy.. I want to start using it, is there a client which is considered the best or anything?

thanks

not to thread jack.. but is this the best torrent thingy.. I want to start using it, is there a client which is considered the best or anything?

I've tried a few different torrent apps out and I'd say without doubt utorrent is the best. Most features, great speeds, allows you to chose what individual files to download within the torrent. Also the program weighs in at under 1mb...

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    Yeah, UTorrent is the best, because of its small, unintrusive size, easy-to-use functions, and the ability to manage a shitload of torrents at once. Rock that, and the world is yr oyster.

• I went to dl utorrent...no good. .exe files
    unless im missing something, wheres the version for mac osx ?
    can somebody just post the acca/ inst rar. via z share already !!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I went to dl utorrent...no good. .exe files
    unless im missing something, wheres the version for mac osx ?
    can somebody just post the acca/ inst rar. via z share already !!!

I have Tomato Torrent for my Mac. It's dope. Do a Google Search.