White Pants

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Thoughts?Too tropical?I picked up a pair of white cargoes a while back. I love 'em. Wife hates.She's out of town, so clearly, I'm wearing them out tonight.What is the 'Strut feeling? Keep in mind, I dress in a very unpopular Streetz fashion; i have worn both manpri length shorts and pink flip flops to Good Records NYC.I have a theory on Pink Flip Flops, but you sure as hell don't need to hear about that...Back on topic: White Pants.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    NAGL

• when i was in 4th grade i wanted white pants and chanclas cuz crockett had them but my mom always got me toughskins and wack sears catalog shit and zips shoes so i wore my judo pants to school with flip flops and got hella moded by like half the school.

anyways, i got the last laugh...

HAHA
    ha

ha

he

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Definitely need to be on a relatively small island to truly pull it off. IMO

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    NAGL

• NAGL

Hell Yeah! White Pants = Cell Phone Fellatio!

I'm already wearing 'em, so I'm rollin' with Herm tonight.

In the winter? Fuck that, gimme the earthtones. But, in the summer? Gimme a little chance to floss some brights and some colors.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    NAGL

Dudes looking like Sonny Crocket!

• Looks like Money-grip uses the same laundry detergent as the Freestyle Professors on they EP:

In other news, I have strong opinions on the whole white khaki/linen trouser affair + flip flop combo ("hombro" if you will).

I disapprove extensively for both aesthetic and practical reasons, namely:

(1) Two 'sporting' chaps of suitably 'stylish' leanings decided that they should be braying loudly at each others' trite pleasantries in the exact middle of Wall Street near the lampost and angular metal roadblock sculptures (potentially crippling on the patella, son) the other day on a fairly sweltering morning, for no better reason than they were both wearing suits b/w F-L-I-P F-L-O-P-S. That's right. Like they were on vacation. Instead of holding up everyone's respective swerves re: getting to work on time. Despicable.

(2) Various numerous metal NYC grates do not do well with bare skin and if the "novelty" flip flop were to give way (due to pennies-per-hour construction costs overseas) in the middle of 14th Street, one would look quite the tool in front of one's peers, hopping around and clutching one's blackened soles in blistering discomfort.

(3) That's why they retro'd the AJ 1s in all them fine colours. So man could get his swagger on in the Metro sunshine in comfort and style. Respect heritage.

No biggy. . .suits with sandals affect me on a molecular level is all - homies clogging up The Lane t'other day almost got their pedicures voided. Humbug!!

Peace - J
    P.S. It's HOT here. Jersey City w/ tin ceiling panels. No escape. . .

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts

• Ok, that last was a legit post with real reasons...

Here is my reasoning for Pink Flip Flops. I'm 17, packing for college, and buying the recommended 'shower shoes'. I'm at Wal mart in Ohio, preparing to head out into the world...and, I need to pick out a pair of flip flops.

Now, I'm a big dude...I big, loud dude; anyone who saw me in action at the July Boston record swap can attest.

And, I got size 13 feet.

And, lo and behold, there were size 13 pink flip flops...now, I figure that HAS to be a mistake. So, I bought them.

now, whenever I see a pair of Men's size 13 pink flip flops, I buy them. I am trying to perpetuate the mistake that they are in demand.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I have strong opinions on the whole white khaki/linen trouser affair + flip flop combo

• I have strong opinions on the whole white khaki/linen trouser affair + flip flop combo

Velcro AND laces?!?

Now that's just greedy.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I have strong opinions on the whole white khaki/linen trouser affair + flip flop combo

yes
    agl

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Flip Flops[flavas I own]

Forest Green
    Tropical Green
    Brown
    Black
    White
    Royal Blue
    Pink(not Bubble Gum)
    Fuschia
    Banana Yellow
    Navy Blue
    Orange

Shits are cheap and easy to cop.

"Ladies love me Girls adore me - even the one who never saw me.."

White Pants...I got in trouble up in herr mentioning this but I do own a pair od nice White Jordan Sweatpants that are mad comfy that I can ROCK w/ flip flops or w/ some hot sneakers.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    People should not be afraid to wear classy clothes
    like white linen pants, or camel hair overcoats or
    even mo-fucking seersucker ... if you can pull it off.
    I wish I had some white linen joints, I would rock 'em to
    my Sister's wedding at the end of the month. But I also know that
    if I wore white pants, I would spill some shit on them around
    20 minutes after leaving the house, maybe sooner.

Pink flip-flops, though? Damn. Flip-flops are for the beach or
    the locker room, and that's it. Open-toed shoes on dudes outside
    of these locations is NAGL and that's truth, sorry to all you
    ugly-ass-big-toe exhibitionists out there.

• I thought everyone knew the saying:

"Don't wear white pants after...

...1987"

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOerz...

Yet, I ignored.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Isn't white pants on a woman a sign of a penchant for anal sex? I heard this on a shock jock talk radio morning show earlier this week. I'm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Isn't white pants on a woman a sign of a penchant for anal sex?

LOL what the fuck

• Isn't white pants on a woman a sign of a penchant for anal sex? I heard this on a shock jock talk radio morning show earlier this week. I'm

YES. FOR SURE. I Smell a pick up line...that tastes like ATM!

Sounds like you got chapters 3 and 12 of the "How To Relate To Women Manual" mixed up.

• Options
    People should not be afraid to wear classy clothes
    like white linen pants, or camel hair overcoats or
    even mo-fucking seersucker ... if you can pull it off.
    I wish I had some white linen joints, I would rock 'em to
    my Sister's wedding at the end of the month. But I also know that
    if I wore white pants, I would spill some shit on them around
    20 minutes after leaving the house, maybe sooner.

I got the same spill problem, just about every time I eat out somewhere I wind up with some food on my shirt or pants. My girlfriend just bought me a pocket sized OxiClean spray bottle to combat my oafishness. It's not really my fault, I blame my bad ankle.

Kitchenknight...wear those fucking things, who cares? If you're a loud person as you claim to be you can pretty much wear anything you want.

LOL what the fuck

No, but the gaping asshole with a couple dildos dangling out of it sure is.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I most certainly rock white denim. I think its a good luck, especially with kelly green or navy blue tops. The hardst part is coordinating shoes with white pants. Going beyond the realm of simple ghetto matching is difficult.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Flip Flops[flavas I own]

Forest Green
    Tropical Green
    Brown
    Black
    White
    Royal Blue
    Pink(not Bubble Gum)
    Fuschia
    Banana Yellow
    Navy Blue
    Orange

Shits are cheap and easy to cop.

"Ladies love me Girls adore me - even the one who never saw me.."

you're hilarious.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

in fact i'm adding these to the shopping list.

The hardst part is coordinating shoes with white pants.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The hardst part is coordinating shoes with white pants.

Need to coordinate a house with those, and then don't leave that house in those pants.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I think its a good luck, especially with kelly green or navy blue tops.

Tops? I don't think I've ever heard a guy refer to his shirts as tops.
    Who says this...

"I need to go to the mall and get a new top"=wife,mom,sister, etc.

This could be the gayest thread ever on SS, not that their is anything wrong with that.
    Just saying.

I think its a good luck, especially with kelly green or navy blue tops.

Tops? I don't think I've ever heard a guy refer to his shirts as tops.
    Who says this...

"I need to go to the mall and get a new top"=wife,mom,sister, etc.

This could be the gayest thread ever on SS, not that their is anything wrong with that.
    Just saying.

"I needs to get an ensemble for Friday!"