Pickwick 33 Appreciation Post

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
The Champ Is HereIt's long overdue. Always coming with the undercover comedy, forever ducking the lames and dropping some of the most thorough knowledge of anyone on here.You are appreciated sir.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's long overdue.

Definitely.

I would even go so far as to say that he deserves a prime-time appreciation poast, rather than one at 6:00 p.m. on a Friday.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

It's long overdue.

Definitely.

I would even go so far as to say that he deserves a prime-time appreciation poast, rather than one at 6:00 p.m. on a Friday.

I actually thought about that before poasting, but that's what bumps are for

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive written down plenty of good record info from dudes post over the time hes been here. always nice to see a real knowledgeable record person here on the board. thanks for the info!

• Sayin'. Probally one of the few out of 5 folks that really drop steady knowledge about music. Even though he posts here often he's still somewhat of a mystery, am i wrong on that?

I'm in awe at his willingness to continue posting here, shit, we're PRIVLEDGED.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    As someone whos major contribution to this board is dirty stories, i appreciate guys like Pickwick being here and dropping knowledge, hell thats why i started lurking all those years ago...

Major co-signage.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    He put me up on this excellent yet largely forgotten live Bobby Womack LP:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh for SURE. That's the dude of dudes.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He knows records, but more importantly he knows MUSIC!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    pickwick33 is one of my favorite posters around here

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I had a feeling it would be most of the "old timers" who would post here.

Real Headz Doth Indeed Knoweth The Deele

• What is it with Chicago dudes named James?

One of maybe 5-10 dudes whose every post gets clicked. Very much a privilege to have on the site.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I find it pretty amazing that he's managed to remain faceless and avatarless for all these years on the board!

Steady dropping science which is easy to scroll right by, but that's always a big mistake.

Your presence and contributions are appreciated.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Dudes a real music head.

• He put me up on this excellent yet largely forgotten country funk LP:

Dude has frightening stores of knowledge, and his subject line changes are subtle and vastly slept on.

Plus, he gets bonus points from me for knowing all about rare biker mags from the 70s (David Allen Coe interview-related).

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Have met the man in person and shared bread with him! Well, okay it was that Indian stuff does that count? Anyway, he's a great guy in real life and always keeping it "record related" on the Strut.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    long-time lurkers appreciate too!

• He put me up on this excellent yet largely forgotten live Bobby Womack LP:

that's a great record. I found it when Jinx and I went on a daytime picnic out in the country..... I MEAN ON A MISSIONG DIGGING FOR BEATZZZZZZ.

Let's keep this Pickwick33 related though.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    He is king of the knowledge drop.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

If this guy taught a class in college, I'd enroll!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

As a lil' dude he has schooled me more times than I can count. Much appreciation for a top poster.

• Pickwick never fails to amaze.

A great dj as well, havent had a bad time at the east of edens soul express nights.

• Options

If this guy taught a class in college, I'd enroll!

Just about every time he posts I learn something new, much respect goes out to Pickwick.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One of my all-time favorite posters, and this despite
    the fact that he is constantly correcting or disagreeing with me

his subject line changes are subtle and vastly slept on.

Truth. Sometimes I see them from the index page, and I'm like WHA?!?!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Been there myself a few times!

And co-sign on him being a favourite poster - if PickWickipedia33 posts it, I'm reading it!
    Not just knowledge without posturing, but true love and enthusiasm for music.
    Man is Man.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A totally underrated dude. Always comes correct with the knowledge.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Been there myself a few times!

And co-sign on him being a favourite poster - if PickWickipedia33 posts it, I'm reading it!
    Not just knowledge without posturing, but true love and enthusiasm for music.
    Man is Man.

If he was not constantly correcting my post this site would be filled with misinformation.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the dude is dude, and I always slip him a little discount here at Hyde Park Records.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Crazy Knowledge!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Absolutely one of those posters who has great taste & deep knowledge. Much respect.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    he is t-t-t-totally dude