STEVIE WONDER GOING ON TOUR

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
---------------------------------------------------------------------Friday, August 3, 2007 (AP) Stevie Wonder Plans US Tour (08-03) 07:51 PDT Los Angeles (AP) -- Stevie Wonder will go on his first U.S. tour in more than a decade,starting next month in San Diego. The 57-year-old singer made the announcement at an outdoor performance inLos Angeles on Thursday. "A Wonder Summer's Night" will feature 13 concerts from Aug. 23 to Sept.20 in eight states. Stops in California include San Diego, Lake Tahoe,Concord, Santa Barbara, Saratoga and Los Angeles. Other cities includePortland, Ore.; Woodinville, Wash.; Chicago; Detroit; Atlanta; andBaltimore. The final concert will be in Boston. Tickets will be available beginning Aug. 11. Ticket prices weren'timmediately released. Although Wonder has given numerous performances worldwide, his lastfull-scale tour in the U.S. was in 1995. The Motown legend has some two dozen Grammy Awards and dozens of hits. Hissong "I Just Called to Say I Love You," featured in the movie "The Womanin Red," won the Academy Award for best original song in 1985.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Woodinville, Wash

JYEAH!!!!!!!!!! Just found out that the promoter I work with got this show and it's at Chateau Ste Michelle, one of our venues! I will be at this for sure. Seeing Stevie live will be amazing. Are any of you folls going to the other shows?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

Woodinville, Wash

JYEAH!!!!!!!!!! Just found out that the promoter I work with got this show and it's at Chateau Ste Michelle, one of our venues! I will be at this for sure. Seeing Stevie live will be amazing. Are any of you folls going to the other shows?

woodinville? how odd. i guess that winery makes sense. i didn't know they had a venue there. i would fucking LOVE to see stevie. no MN stops on the tour though. crap.