PRO-TOOLS HELPPPPP?!?!?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hey.I'm getting these 2 small RED arrows and this green flag uptop in the margin area which are messing me up. Can I get rid of these things? See the 2 small red markers and the green flag below:I have no idea what they are and what they're doing, aside from messing me up.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    those are zone markers for actualities for zone editing

the flag is a marker for quick punch in spots for recording/overdubbing

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yes I assumed that. But how do I disengage them? That's what would help me.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Not sure why the arrows are red, mine are blue, but the green flag is a post roll, meaning it keeps playing to the flag after it has stopped recording. To move the green arrow alt-click in a track (on the waveform) with the selector tool. Or to disengage them, open up the transport window (ctrl-1) and click on post roll, should make the flag inactive...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Still not working. It only allows me to record from where the marker is. This just happened out of the blue, started doing it yesterday. I don't know what I clicked to make it like this, but normally I can use the cursor and lick it anywhere on any track and record/playback from there. Just trying to nip this in the bud.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm using an older version of pro tools, sounds like the red arrows have something to do with zone editing, which im not up on. I know hitting enter should just drop you to the beginning of the session, and up and down have worked for me in the past for dropping the blue arrows. Red arrows are out of my league. Sorry dude...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    lick it anywhere

This could be your problem. Computers don't respond well to saliva.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Still not working. It only allows me to record from where the marker is. This just happened out of the blue, started doing it yesterday. I don't know what I clicked to make it like this, but normally I can use the cursor and lick it anywhere on any track and record/playback from there. Just trying to nip this in the bud.

This could be one of two things...

1. press cnrt+1 and turn pre-roll and post roll off
    2. go to options/ prefrences, look for "timeline insertion follows playback" turn this option off.

I also think u can turn off timeline insertion by pressing cntrl+N,

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This could be one of two things...

2. go to options/ prefrences, look for "timeline insertion follows playback" turn this option off.

This sounds/looks like your problem.

Apple+K is the shortcut for turning off pre/post-roll.

• I don't have pro tools on right now and I also use a pretty old version that doesn't look like yours, but I think that you might be able to click on the arrow itself and hit delete and it will go away. I'm not 100% sure, but it's worth a try. I know you can do that with markers, so it may be the same with these.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I don't have pro tools on right now and I also use a pretty old version that doesn't look like yours, but I think that you might be able to click on the arrow itself and hit delete and it will go away. I'm not 100% sure, but it's worth a try. I know you can do that with markers, so it may be the same with these.

I know nothing abuot Protools but if this works, I will be shocked. Isn't that kind've like walking into a room full of people sitting in the dark and then asking if they tried flipping the light switchh?

Cosmo, if you didn't already try this, I will point and laugh at you.

-e

• ha ha, I know it sounds so dumb, but that's how you get rid of some of the cue markers. I wouldn't be surprised if you could click on it and delete or right click or option click on it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nope, them shits are still here. Tried all the things people suggested. The only thing I can do is MOVE those damn cursors to the point that I want to listen to/record from. Shit is mad frustrating, shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Here's another example: You see the shaded area in the margin between the 2 cursors? It will only allow me to play the shaded area, and it always starts on the first cursor. Maybe this will clear it up.

I just don't know why because I didn't change any settings when I first created this session this morning, and it's never done this.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Here's another example: You see the shaded area in the margin between the 2 cursors? It will only allow me to play the shaded area, and it always starts on the first cursor. Maybe this will clear it up.

See if you can click on the cursor on the right and drag it over to the cursor on the left. It looks like what you've done is selected the segment between the two cursors, in which case, it's only going to play what's between the cursors.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Off, right?

It's already off.

I tried that and APPLE N (I'm on a Mac) and nothing happened.

• SOLUTION: Go to OPTIONS

and make sure that you have checked:

Link Timeline and Edit Selection

• SOLUTION: Go to OPTIONS

and make sure that you have checked:

Link Timeline and Edit Selection

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thanks but I've moved off of Pro Tools at this point. But appreciate the look though.