can u tell me who does this v. of Wichita Lineman?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
sorting through my mp3s and in my Wichita Lineman folder I found one w/ no info. Not looking for a review of this song, just name of artist if you recognize ithttp://www.zshare.net/audio/2962115b1c83e3/thanks, big dudes!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You should do a wichita Lineman mix.

• my Wichita Lineman folder

Wow.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I would also blap with haste. Wichita Lineman is my #1 gulty pleasure, it's the only reason I forgive Jimmy Webb for MacArthur Park.

This version kinda f's with my favorite part of the song, but it's nice nonetheless

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I would also blap with haste. Wichita Lineman is my #1 gulty pleasure, it's the only reason I forgive Jimmy Webb for MacArthur Park.

That's wild.....one of the deepest record guys I know is a Mac Park freak!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This version kinda f's with my favorite part of the song, but it's nice nonetheless

What is your fave part of the song and how does the singer fuck with it?

(Phil, I know you weren't looking for a "review" of the song, but he left the statement wide open and I'm dying to know! )

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

WILLIE HUTCH

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

"liiinnneeeee-ah-ah-ah-ah-linnnnnee"

It's one of those melodies that really haunts me. This version has lots of harmonies over it that cloud out the core of the song which I like.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I can't help liking this song a lot. The lyrics are sweet man.
    I dig the instrumental versions by Niteliters and Freddie Hubbard as well.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I can't help liking this song a lot. The lyrics are sweet man.
    I dig the instrumental versions by Niteliters and Freddie Hubbard as well.

I think there was a thread on this a while ago. My favourites, apart from the original, are the Bobby Hutcherson version, the Kool & the Gang version and Dennis Brown's version.

WILLIE HUTCH

there it is! thanks, [ocd]now i can tag this schitt properly[/ocd]

KING HARVEST VERSION =

It's one of those melodies that really haunts me. This version has lots of harmonies over it that cloud out the core of the song which I like.

very large

if that part ain't it's hard for me to even call it Wichita Lineman

really, though, there are some other parts of this version that sound pretty weird to me. nothing against willie but i just ain't gettin that glen campbell feelin'

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

very large

if that part ain't it's hard for me to even call it Wichita Lineman

really, though, there are some other parts of this version that sound pretty weird to me. nothing against willie but i just ain't gettin that glen campbell feelin'

Yeah, I thought that too. He's taken one or two liberties with the chord sequence and even the lyrics. It sounds a little like he's hooked up the arrangement from memory rather than from a lead sheet or anything, but I kinda like it when someone isn't too respectful of a song - you can get some interesting results that way.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts