Wax Poetics

mardumardu 6 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Website seems down - anyone have any info on this?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    welcome to soulstrut! nice first post

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    GIVE THIS MAN SOME CLOWN PEOPLE

YOU ARE ON TIME OUT

• mardumardu 6 Posts
    Thanks, been lurking forever and thought I'd start with something completely dry....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    welcome to board!
    hmmmmmmm i think it is fine...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    some of our most beloved posters arrived here as a result of other sites being down.

• This is curious...not the worst first post.

(and, i am not the biggest supporter of waxpo. i find more often than not, i just look at the pics; and this is from someone who reads the New Yorker every week. I just like knowing that Wax Po exists.)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Wax Poetics breeds more wannabes than DJ Shadow records....

"Wow, I saw this record in Wax Poetics! Ill Buy it!"

"This Hank Ballard record is really good also, you should grab it also..."

"Did Shadow sample it?"

"No"

"Was it in Wax Poetics?"

"No"

"Ehhhhhhh...I'll pass. Im really into diggin, I dont think that record is worth much..it woulda been in Wax Poetics if it was good"

....as absurd as this exchange sounds, it is based on a true story...

• Hook Up, I believe that 1000%, and I support your not running out to hear Illmatic.

(aside. look, we all have records we don't hear; it is natural, and it happens; Cosmo posts that he hasn't heard something, and everyone tells him he should. HookUp says, 'i haven't heard Illmatic,' and HE Ain't DOWN WITH HIP HOP.)

Anyway...I do like the idea there is a high quality 4 color glossy dedicated to records. I think it is a good thing...despite the fact that a 16 page article on the recording of the Pazant bros. hold no interest for me.

not to mention a lot of their featured records are complete shit. seriously. like that illustration s/t. weeeeeeaaaaak lp. has some wicked horn arrangements but the white guy trying to pull off rockandrollfunkyblues is just plain laughable. i hatt that dudes voice.

You're just mad cause they ain't done a Strata East special yet.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I do like seeing terds I own in Wax Poetics...then I can add "Wax Poetics" to the ebay auction description...$$$$$

I do like seeing terds I own in Wax Poetics...then I can add "Wax Poetics" to the ebay auction description...$$$$$

Wax Poetics > DJ Shadow Break

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yes its true
    the quality has degraded astonishingly fast and it takes itself a bit too seriously
    at least we are not beseiged with dante's trite dry academic atempts at record reviews anymore
    while not totally unpaletteable
    just milque toast mediocre
    those first 3 or 4 issues held an unrealized promise

i miss big daddy/grand slam and grand royal

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

at least we are not beseiged with dante's trite dry academic atempts at record reviews anymore

trippin'

best thing bout that mag

(aside from the 10 page spreads on Bob James, Galt McTurd and Herbie Mann chestnest of course)

Geeze... I liked dante's reviews. At least it's more sophisticated than "this record is blackman funky soul and it has a break on this track."

• mardumardu 6 Posts

Same could be said of this forum...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

i looooooooove it.

Wait... does DJ Shadow read Wax Poetics?

Anyone know where i can geta copy?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

YOUR GOING DOWN MAN. I WILL TACKLE YOU THROUGH THE INTERWEBS. clown this batch, seriously. hes beggin for it.

please shut the fuck up. your stale and boring. deal with it.

and not funny. AT ALL.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    you could do better than that.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this shit is getting old and the reason alot of the OG folks have long gone.

the goddamn monkeys are running the zoo.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

and it's so obvious too.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

YOUR GOING DOWN MAN. I WILL TACKLE YOU THROUGH THE INTERWEBS. clown this batch, seriously. hes beggin for it.

and not funny. AT ALL.

HEY GUYS IM ELISE, IM BLONDE AND STUPID AND HAVE A FLAT CHEST LOLOLO!O!!OO!!!!! HEY LETS TALK ABOUT STUPID SHIT LIKE RAW DURAN DURAN BREAKS AND COMBING OUR HAIR. LETS COMB OUR HAIR GUYS IM ELISE IM SUPER AWESOME AND INDIE CUZ I DJ SHIT OFF ED BANGER RECORDS AND LISTEN TO STEVEIE WONDER LOL DID I MENTION IM ELISE AND IM BLONDE, AND BY BLONDE I MEAN STUPID AND BY STUPID MEANS I AM AN ALIEN WHO HAS NO TASTE FROM PLANET BAD DISCO RAP

is this sexual harassment? can I ban him now?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

and not funny. AT ALL.

HEY GUYS IM ELISE, IM BLONDE AND STUPID AND HAVE A FLAT CHEST LOLOLO!O!!OO!!!!! HEY LETS TALK ABOUT STUPID SHIT LIKE RAW DURAN DURAN BREAKS AND COMBING OUR HAIR. LETS COMB OUR HAIR GUYS IM ELISE IM SUPER AWESOME AND INDIE CUZ I DJ SHIT OFF ED BANGER RECORDS AND LISTEN TO STEVEIE WONDER LOL DID I MENTION IM ELISE AND IM BLONDE, AND BY BLONDE I MEAN STUPID AND BY STUPID MEANS I AM AN ALIEN WHO HAS NO TASTE FROM PLANET BAD DISCO RAP

is this sexual harassment? can I ban him now?

i think you can, but that's just me and my "blonde" self.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

and it's so obvious too.

your apart of the problem.

hmmmmmmm...re-read your sentence.

• i'm not enamored by elise either...man, does she post a lot...and, i've defended her before...

let's not make this an all bizness thread.

i think saba has something to contribute *whitebelt is a foll*. and, if anyone gives a shit, i'm about to post a Burn Notice (USA Network Related) thead in 5...4...3...

As a gorgeous bruenette, I reluctantly but necessarily concur with Elise.

Ban him

• mardumardu 6 Posts
    Hmmmmm.... Looks like I stirred up some drama. I'll be checking out now... Apologies and Peace.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    you can't BAN bizness, he'll just multiply like gremlins.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hey faggotd you just killed teh caps. can someone ban clown town over here already? again.