The vocal levels on American Gypsy "Inside Out"

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I mean come on... really?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mike you're NEXT LEVEL today.

That brings up a question - in the hip-hop phrasing hierarchy what's better: NEXT LEVEL or OTHER LEVEL?

Currently listening to Chambers Brothers "Time Has Come Today" - people, this is not DAD ROCK??, this is VIETNAM ROCK??. DAD ROCK?? is Gordon Lightfoot and shit.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

That brings up a question - in the hip-hop phrasing hierarchy what's better: NEXT LEVEL or OTHER LEVEL?

my vote goes to "next level" b/w "keep it real". that's the one two punch right there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah Cas, but think about it - The Other Level is THE OTHER LEVEL, man. You know?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i see where you're coming from, but the "other" level has too many weird avenues associated with it for my liking.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this is not DAD ROCK??, this is VIETNAM ROCK??. DAD ROCK?? is Gordon Lightfoot and shit.

Well spoken.

I'm with Cas on the Other Level tip, however I am all about a Higher Level yahmsing?

• But see, OTHER LEVEL could just mean some "other level" ie: not necessarily a NEXT LEVEL, just a different level, ie: "Led Zeppelin II is killin' it, but this New Radicals CD is on a whole other level."

It could also just mean "far out" or, (to take it back to the original topic) in American Gypsy's case, INSIDE OUT.

ie: "Led Zeppelin II is killin' it, but this New Radicals CD is INSIDE OUT.??????????"

ie:

ie:

ie:

• DAD ROCK

?????????

my dad was into Sade. Amongst many things I can thank my Dad for that.

I WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    DAD ROCK

?????????

my dad was into Sade. Amongst many things I can thank my Dad for that.

I WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT

Well my dad died when I was 2, so he never got into Sade, but he was into many different things - from Thelonius Monk to Kelly Loggins, so I don't really know what you're saying. Not like Sade is "rock music" anyway.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    What about "Level Warp"