record epiphanies

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
have been thinking about this 45 I just got, Pauline Shivers "Boom Boom" on O-PEX as of late. Looking shit up online trying to figure out its providence. Cant find shit. Then as I sit here in the shop, actually thinking about dinner as I am fucking starving...it clicked on me outta nowhere...O-PEX is an anagram of EXPO...EXPO records has that PAULINE and Bobby "No Messin Around" 45...so its a Chicago record...case solved.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    For every record I own, there is probably over 10,000 records I will never own.

Which.. for me is a good thing and a bad thing.

- spidey

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    OK, well get this. My girl is really into dreams and stuff right. So last year she finally convinced me to "incubate" records that i wanted but had not being able to find in my dreams. This basically involves a visualisation exercise as one is going to sleep, and it must be coupled with really believing that it's possible to attain said record. Believe me, for a long time I was resistant to this and had zero expectation that this would make any difference to anything.

Fast fwd 6 months and I've done it about 5-6 times now, and in EVERY case, the record showed up within a couple of months. And now, I have 2 copies of ALL the records I incubated in dreams. And we ain't talkin about no CTI $2 terds here. One of the records in question appeared on ebay for the first time EVER one week after i did this exercise.

Crazy.

So yeah, I'm gonna be doing this more often now.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    OK, well get this. My girl is really into dreams and stuff right. So last year she finally convinced me to "incubate" records that i wanted but had not being able to find in my dreams. This basically involves a visualisation exercise as one is going to sleep, and it must be coupled with really believing that it's possible to attain said record. Believe me, for a long time I was resistant to this and had zero expectation that this would make any difference to anything.

Fast fwd 6 months and I've done it about 5-6 times now, and in EVERY case, the record showed up within a couple of months. And now, I have 2 copies of ALL the records I incubated in dreams. And we ain't talkin about no CTI $2 terds here. One of the records in question appeared on ebay for the first time EVER one week after i did this exercise.

Crazy.

So yeah, I'm gonna be doing this more often now.

DAMN I think what you did, I've been doing for the 2 years because every thing on my want list has been landing in my hands & for cheap. That dream thing really works.

• This basically involves a visualisation exercise as one is going to sleep

the power of the mind is so much greater than most of us recognize. it's all in your head.

my own record epiphanies have been more like approaches to trancendance inspired by musical guidance. good music has crazy power over me, and that's truth.

I know... take that shit to william-BLAKES.com

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This basically involves a visualisation exercise as one is going to sleep

the power of the mind is so much greater than most of us recognize. it's all in your head.

my own record epiphanies have been more like approaches to trancendance inspired by musical guidance. good music has crazy power over me, and that's truth.

I know... take that shit to william-BLAKES.com

Haha - My girl reads William Blake!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i didn't realize until about a year ago that phil collins was the session drummer on a few favorite eno albums. yes i'm a late bloomer but moving on, i think phil collins was in the day the earth stood still. yeah?

I CAN PHIL IT COMING IN THE AIR TONIGHT

oh lord

• My epiphany was recently when it dawned on me that J/G (Jamie/Guyden/Phil-LA of Soul) and Jay-Gee (Jubilee/Josie) were two different companies...

• i musta been drunk during my epiphany or wanting to visit Rhode Island...have no idea why I wrote providence instead of provenance...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I had an epiphany sometime back on realising that Epiphone (guitars) can be pronounced eh-PIF-oh-neeb, 21And then the name made sense.b, 21b, 21Who knew?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21OK, well get this. My girl is really into dreams and stuff right. So last year she finally convinced me to "incubate" records that i wanted but had not being able to find in my dreams. This basically involves a visualisation exercise as one is going to sleep, and it must be coupled with really believing that it's possible to attain said record. Believe me, for a long time I was resistant to this and had zero expectation that this would make any difference to anything.b, 21b, 21Fast fwd 6 months and I've done it about 5-6 times now, and in EVERY case, the record showed up within a couple of months. And now, I have 2 copies of ALL the records I incubated in dreams. And we ain't talkin about no CTI $2 terds here. One of the records in question appeared on ebay for the first time EVER one week after i did this exercise.b, 21b, 21Crazy. b, 21b, 21So yeah, I'm gonna be doing this more often now. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21This sorta happened to me recently. A couple days before the Santa Cruz record swap, this record that I had traded away years ago and never been able to replace randomly popped into my head. I bemusedly thought that I might catch it down in Santa Cruz...and I did. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoa.gif" alt="" /1

• It's crazy when you think about a record you want AND THEN YOU FIND IT

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    VISUALIZE WORLD PEACE

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21VISUALIZE WORLD PEACE b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21OG MONO STILL IN SHRINK

FAILb, 21b, 21WORLD PEACE IS STEREO ONLY

• Quote:h, 21b, 21i didn't realize until about a year ago that phil collins was the session drummer on a few favorite eno albums. yes i'm a late bloomer but moving on, i think phil collins was in the day the earth stood still. yeah?b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I CAN PHIL IT COMING IN THE AIR TONIGHTb, 21b, 21b, 21oh lord b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21OMG, haha. Bumped in the year this movie was remade starring Keanu Reeves.b, 21b, 21i reiterateb, 21

Quote:h, 21b, 21FAILb, 21b, 21WORLD PEACE IS STEREO ONLY b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1203.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21I'll be honest???I always thought it was on some Mardi Gras without the bells old digger wives' tale steez.b, 21b, 21img src="http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/200/mythicalraer3sm2zq.gif"1

Quote:h, 21b, 21img src="http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/200/mythicalraer3sm2zq.gif"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yeah, I've never seen itb, 21b, 21probably won't anytime soon eitherb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-gangsta.gif" alt="" /1

Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21img src="http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/200/mythicalraer3sm2zq.gif"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yeah, I've never seen itb, 21b, 21probably won't anytime soon eitherb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-gangsta.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I heard Bizzo paid $2800 for a copy from Kevin Laverty.b, 21b, 21b, 21It never came. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" /1

• Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21I'll be honest???I always thought it was on some One-Way Now-That-I-Found-You rolla-skatin[/b] steez.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21

Quote:h, 21b, 21I heard Bizzo paid $2800 for a copy from Kevin Laverty.b, 21b, 21b, 21It never came. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21figures that a rich hippie like Bizzo would be trying to cop World Peaceb, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bizzo.gif" alt="" /1