Brand new Crut: a taste of what's to come

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I put up two new songs on my MySpace page, featuring rough mixes of two tracks that will be on my forthcoming album, L************[/b]. Songs are called "I Wanna Be A Rock'N'Roll Star" and "To The Next Life". You can stream or download if you wish.Again, these are rough mixes, I'll have to get them in the studio to touch up, or in some sections re-do.The album will also have a collaboration with Braille (out of PDX) for a track called "I Feel", currently assembling other collaborations, crossing fingers, collecting aluminum cans at the local parts, you know how it is.Go check it out:http://www.myspace.com/crutmusic

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    "I wanna be a rock star" is little repetitive but I like the vibe. "To the next life" is also nice, nice switch-up about halfway through. Good stuff.

In both tracks some of the elements could use some automated effects or phasing or something to liven up the mix. Also you could add some sfx or something interesting that only occurs once or twice throughout the track to give them some added spontaneity.

My 2c.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    "I wanna be a rock star" is little repetitive but I like the vibe. "To the next life" is also nice, nice switch-up about halfway through. Good stuff.

Thanks. The vibe of "I Wanna Be A Rock'N'Roll Star" is meant to be *slightly* repetitive, in that semi-Fatboy Slim sort of way. Some of the other mixes I had done of the song was kinda so-so, and this one was the best of the bunch. The bassline will be enhanced throughout.

In both tracks some of the elements could use some automated effects or phasing or something to liven up the mix. Also you could add some sfx or something interesting that only occurs once or twice throughout the track to give them some added spontaneity.

My 2c.
    I agree, and I've already played around with various other effects and mixing in segments of "To The Next Life", especially the first part (before it goes to 5/4). I want to play around with the main drum sample and open it up a bit, make it roomy but not to where it reverbs everywhere, because at times it sounds flat.

All of these things will be considered and most likely used towards the final mixes for both. Thank you for taking time to listen.