Put some strutters on positive blast

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
parsec - Stop the hate. He put me up in Seattle, showed me around town (spots and bowling related), and is an all round nice guy.age - We had a short mix-up in a trade (a record done broke) and since then he has more than made up for it with solid and good freebies as well as looking for the record I originally wanted. I wish everyone was this nice.Al B. Sure - He is on my t-shirt and his stylized unibrow will always be beautiful.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Big Ups to Delay for spreading the Soul Strut faith while I rot away in domestic bliss.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Noz - always look forward to seeing dude around town.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Cool Chris and Peaceful B. Cause Rotation are duder than dude. Two record-store guys who make every visit, even the ones where you don't buy anything, worthwhile.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    big up to holiday for the baby daddy accapella.

ez.

kg.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    RAJ- i barely see that dude anymore, but he gave me a digital camera once for my work with the youth

Herm- the one time i was in tucson, my main vato introduced me to two girls who were about to take me home. i didnt realize the bars closed at 1am, so i got separated from my new friends and missed out on a potentially wonderful evening.

natebizzo- hooked me and 7 teens up with an evildead style cabin in vermont last year. actually his friend did, but it was reeeeal last minute. nate almost hooked up our own lord of the flies island for us to camp out at!

tough to keep this to three...i am indebted to so many strutters

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Cool Chris and Peaceful B. Cause Rotation are duder than dude. Two record-store guys who make every visit, even the ones where you don't buy anything, worthwhile.

Half the time I don't even have any money to buy anything, but I try to go in there on a somewhat regular basis just so I can hang out with these guys. I do feel like a turd not buying stuff sometimes, but I like to do the pop in and hang out and chat for a bit. Can't forget Vinnie either.

I would like to add Delay and Pony for starting and keeping the Beats/Remixes threads rolling. Day And Cosmo for being nice dudes. Philly Phill for the knowledge/humor. There's lots of cool/knowledgable people on here.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    mikefreedomrock went out of his way to bless our highschool nutrition program with a dozen hardback cookbooks!

cool chris somehow remembers me every time i go into the groove merchant (once every couple years) and makes me feel like a regular

coffinjoe is always the most upbeat dude in the world and always makes people feel like youre family.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    cool chris somehow remembers me every time i go into the groove merchant (once every couple years) and makes me feel like a regular

It still smells in there homie

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    RAJ- i barely see that dude anymore, but he gave me a digital camera once for my work with the youth

You're most welcome , homie.

Kid #2 has majorly deflated my record game. I haven't been down to Philly since god knows when. We NEED another Record Revival.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    dstill808: been the homie for a minute now- moved on to greener pastures on the east coast. rael world moves by the dozens. stay up. act like you own the mufucka.

cas & djanna: the homies. stories about their dog for days.

undertheradar: puttin' me up on the shit i should be up on. puttin' me in check on the strut. runnin' his mouth about my personal business (yes i heard back, and will cut you, fool!)

• dstill808: been the homie for a minute now- moved on to greener pastures on the east coast. rael world moves by the dozens. stay up. act like you own the mufucka.

cas & djanna: the homies. stories about their dog for days.

undertheradar: puttin' me up on the shit i should be up on. puttin' me in check on the strut. runnin' his mouth about my personal business (yes i heard back, and will cut you, fool!)

it's your birfday, but you didn't shout me out, so no happy birfday from me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    jdeez, cashless, and tiger_blurp...just because.

• Didn't cashless disappear like 2 years ago?

fuck! I'm still not totally aware of you being back on here...
    all caps for you then.
    DIZZ THE BULL, FOR GETTIN' AS TANKED AS ME AND THROWIN' DOWN THE EASY LISTENING JERNTS AS HE GENEROUSLY OFFERS THE BOOZE FROM HIS OWN SUPPLY. BONFIRES IN THE BACK YARD, HOMIE.

• undertheradar: puttin' me up on the shit i should be up on. puttin' me in check on the strut. runnin' his mouth about my personal business (yes i heard back, and will cut you, fool!)
    Oops, my bad. I will keep my mouth shut.

Oops, my bad. I will keep my mouth shut.
    surrious to plaese take the mouth off.
    edit: I ain't mad at'chya. to the PM.

• fuck! I'm still not totally aware of you being back on here...
    all caps for you then.
    DIZZ THE BULL, FOR GETTIN' AS TANKED AS ME AND THROWIN' DOWN THE EASY LISTENING JERNTS AS HE GENEROUSLY OFFERS THE BOOZE FROM HIS OWN SUPPLY. BONFIRES IN THE BACK YARD, HOMIE.

REDEEMED. HAPPY B-DAY!!!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Absolutely every strutter I've met in the real life deserves nothing but positive blast, but extra special primo blasts go to Dizzy and Thes for both inviting me into their homes (no ayo). As an out of towner looking to rage it up, that was much appreciated. Both parties were quite memorable and also not so rememberable if ya know what I mean

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Major thanks to all the Strutters whose mixes are on heavy rotation:

Pony
    Funky16corners
    Delay
    The dude who posted the thai_mix
    The dude who posted the Harajuku Snap mix (bboyparkz?)

And all the guys I??ve downloaded tons of mp3s from! Say what you like about the State of the Strut, but the SHARING OF GOOD MUSIC has never ever been better. I try to keep up, but my digital game is not swift.

Last but not least: Instead of lauding just single members, I??d like to thank you SoulStrut for being a great source of entertainment and knowledge (RR and NRR).

- J

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Didn't cashless disappear like 2 years ago?

almost...I do miss having him here.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dizzy & HJ have been kind enough to let me vomit in his toilet several times.

Jinx has offered to let me sleep at his house on several occasions

Thes has been nothing but kindness

there are 2 certain NY based strutters who probably don't want their names put out there, but when I was having really tough times they came through with just the right positive words to keep my head up

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Didn't cashless disappear like 2 years ago?

almost...I do miss having him here.

^^^^^^ LIKES DUDES IN SEVEN JEANS.

And as far as Strutters I've never met*, my vote goes to Hot&Saucy Herm. Dude has sent me bomb-ass CDs and a shirt on the fuerza.

*See you next week, Holmes!

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    In no particular order....

soulmarcosa
    jinx74
    herm
    breakself
    meatyogre
    dreas

.....all people that shared a brew or two and talked good shop *away* from the records.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Dizzy & HJ have been kind enough to let me vomit in his toilet several times.

Haha! I came real close to when I was at their place... I had Korean BBQ that didn't agree with me right before the drove down from LA. Throw in a few too many cocktails in the mix and it's a miracle I didn't. I even tried pulling the trigger at one point, but I always wuss out.

• If I made a list I would fuck it up by forgetting some people.

But I'll try with at least folks I've met in the real world and folks that have been extra cool to me:

Anna and Cas
    Thes
    Day
    Adrian
    Guzzo
    Dstill
    UnderTheRadar
    JimBeam
    Justin
    Delay
    Shig
    Electrode
    Asprin

And a ton of other people but the folks above have definitely gone the 'extra mile' or whatever.

But now I'm afraid I forgot some one.

The 2 coolest online dudes ever: Bellcity and Sween, without a doubt.

of course RAJ.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    - Dizzy and wifey are helping a sister out here in san diego BIG TIME
    - Jim Beam, Dstill and Undertheradar play hyphy songs for me in da club
    - RAJ is the tie that binds us all together!!!
    - Edithhead keeps it crafty-like
    - Faux, Johnny, Rootless and Young Phonics provide constant entertainment with their bizarre love quadrangle
    - Herm is the TROOF!
    - Tripledouble and Bambouche are like our spiritual advisors

THE LIST GOES ON, BATCHES!

IRRITABLE BOWEL SOULSTRUT FAM 4 LIFE!!!!!!

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    cool chris, davesrecords, and age. all top notch fellows.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    AGE - for looking out on the trades...

RAJ - for starting this shit

Kenny - for bein' my hommie

Big Chan - see above

nzshadow - whats up!

all cool peoples in my books

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I got a few:

DJ Ferrari - The first person I ever had come down to guest DJ on the radio & do an interview, and really the first person to hip me to some international raers that I'm still jealous of. A great guy and a better DJ than he ever gives himself credit for.

DJ Enki - Man, it's so good to see you putting out records and getting paid these days, you deserve it man. Another dope DJs who came down to Santa Cruz and taught me a lot.

M_Dejean - How's that Rane working out for you man? Pleasure to do business with you.

Symin - Holler at me when you get a minute, we still haven't crossed paths this summer. Digging roadtrip is in order. We'll make it happen eventually.

Kidinquisitive - Remember our secret plan on that George Smith record man? A great record dealer and collector who has helped me out a ton. I can't believe you are able to let go of some of the records you sell man.

Tick_tickler - You still here? I know he barely posts here but S**h was the first person whose collection I saw and really understood what the term "collection" means. And dude hooked me up with a storage locker after he got to it, which was dope.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ITIVE BLAST ON ALL MY NYC BOYFRIENDS