Ingmar Bergman 1918 - 2007

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
To go through all the amazing work he did would take days. obit, etc.

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    RIP

I was just watching The Seventh Seal the other day, damn.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    One of the greats. I've been meaning to watch Persona for the last couple of weeks, I guess now is a good time.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was just watching The Seventh Seal the other day, damn.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    RIP

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    r.i.p.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    After my friend's recommendation, I started to really get into his work this past year.
    One of the greats!

RIP

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Antonioni dead too! I can't say that it's a 'sad week' per se, since both men lived long lives and accomplished a lot, but damn what a week for cinema.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've never seen any of his movies. My brother the NYU film major would kill me for admitting that, but I guess this is as good a time to start than any.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    and now antonioni...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Both great losses... while the quality of their work had undeniably dropped off, how many directors not only live this long but remain working to the end?

Antonioni meant more to me personally, his best films challenge and stir me a lot more than Bergman's, but they were definitely two of the greats.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    After my friend's recommendation, I started to really get into his work this past year.
    One of the greats!

RIP

Same here. I really liked The Virgin Spring and The Seventh Seal. Still gotta see a lot of his others..